Is using 1 I2S input to the audio shield and 1 I2S input to the Teensy 4.0 viable

Status
Not open for further replies.

msudogs1200

I am doing a school project, and we are using NR-52 bluetooth modules to send I2S signals wirelessly. I was wondering if it was possible to use an I2S input going to the audio shield and one going to the pins on the Teensy 4.0 was possible with a singular output. How do I initialize pins, or if I use the AudioInputI2S2 does it automatically make pin 5 the input on the Teensy 4.0?

This probably can work if the I2S devices you connect to Teensy are slave mode. In other words, Teensy transmits all the clock signals, those device always receive and never try to transmit their own clock (only transmit data, not the clock).

If you have some random I2S audio device without clear documentation, usually when it has a crystal on the board it's meant to generate its own clocks and transmit them. If you see a crystal on that other board, check its documentation to make sure it can run with its clocks as inputs. Also check if it supports 44.1 kHz sample rate. Many bluetooth audio things only work at much slower rates meant for low quality voice/telephone use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back