Windows USB Keyboard data capture on Teensy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tariel

I have limited knowledge of Arduino and no knowledge about the Teensy 3.6 although I have one and set it up already. Someone told me that to take input directly from a Windows USB keyboard the Teensy 3.6 is the way to go.

Where can I find full documentation on connecting devices such as a standard USB keyboard to a Teensy?
I want to store the captured keystrokes, and eventually output the stored data to a Windows computer.

I need USB Keyboard in and USB Keyboard out to a Windows PC.

I don't have to use the Teensy 3.6. I am open to anything. Can you point me to where I can find the technical information I need to interface a standard keyboard to a Teensy 3.6?

If you have any details such as basic code and i/o pins to receive keyboard data and simulate keyboard data out to a Windows PC you'd like to share that would be wonderful. Thanks in advance!

If keyboard is a USB Device - it can connect to the internal pins on T_3.6 for USBHost usage with proper cable.

That page shows the needed cable and pin wiring is on the card or other pages.

Library USBHost_t36 included with TeensyDuino should have a sample to connect a keyboard. If not it must be somewhere in the forum. If going through a hub it will need a hub element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back