Support

xenpanda

What is the proper method for getting support on a possible faulty board? I emailed the address included with my purchase and have received no response after more than a week.

Also might help if you mentioned a few additional things like, did you order it direct from PJRC or from a retailer? Which Teensy?
If it is one of the older ones like a Teensy 2 and it was purchased from someplace like EBAY than maybe post picture to verify it is really a Teensy and not a counterfeit.

But if it a true Teensy like a T3.x or T4.x or LC, than also would help to know additional information, like what type of host are you running it on (Windows, MAC, LINUX), which version of Arduino, which version of Teensyduino...

And as Blackketter mentioned what issues are you having.

Have you looked at the Troubleshooting guide? https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/troubleshoot.html

Good luck

I guess I really wasnt clear in the original post...the Teensy was purchased direct from PJRC.

Here is the issue as described in the email sent to PJRC.

I recently received a teensy 3.6 from you. I just finished flashing it and getting it all wired up for my project and believe there is an issue with the board. I am running a program that presents the teensy to windows as a joystick (file attached).

Everything works as desired except for pin 12. When the button on pin 12 is depressed an error is thrown by windows that there is a problem with the board.

I switched buttons to make sure the problem was not with the button (or software) by both connecting another button to pin12 and the button on pin12 to another pin. There error repeated when the button on pin 12 was pushed. Which indicated to me the issue was with the teensy and not what was being plugged into it.

I then put a multimeter on pin 12 while depressing the pin and the voltage dropped from 3.4 volts to .08 volts on that pin. On other pins, when the button is depressed the voltage drops to 0.

Could this be the issue?

If so Does this indicate an issue with the board?

Thanks

Attachments

• UFC_Driver.ino
    3.3 KB · Views: 51
Sorry I am not sure, what is going on, but my first guess would be to check any soldering, since digital pin 12 is next to a 3.3v pin, so if there is some stray solder between these two pins, then pressing the button would ground the 3.3v pin to GND, which would at best reset the board...

So with your meter I would check the resistance between pin 12 and 3.3v.

But again this is just guessing.

Certainly sounds like the button is shorting the supply - the host computer is monitoring the USB power and detecting this.

Back