Using a T4.1 to play a WAV file from the audio shield on a separate T4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAU

I am curious if anyone knows if or how I could use a Teensy 4.1 to to play the WAV files on the SD card of an audio shield that is connected to a separate Teensy 4.0.

From reading other posts on here, my impression is that setting the Teensy to slave mode is difficult to do or does not working well. I am hoping that offloading this playback to a separate device will solve the problems I experienced in an earlier post I made (https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/6398...ev-D-play-wav-files-and-record-simultaneously). For my idea to work, I would need the audio to be played from the Teensy 4.1 and output back to the audio shield for recording. I know there is a DAC on the T4.1.

Any thoughts on whether this could solve my recording/playback issues that I outlined originally, or of this is feasible with two Teensy devices?

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!!

Why can't you have one teensy play, and one teensy record? Why does it need to be the same teensy? You can pass an analog OR DIGITAL signal (teensy a > i2s - teensy b) on the record teensy running in quad mode if needed. So you would have access to both the playback and record data on teensy b but teensy a reads the file (and sends i2s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back