T3.5 to T4 code examples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

I'm new to Teensy and have been using T3.5 but have now purchased a T4. But I get the error
pdb.h:30:21: fatal error: kinetis.h: No such file or directory ... with the PassThroughMono example.
As I said not experienced with the Teensy or T4 but wondering is there working examples for T4
or simple migration solution as all my 3.5 sketches have this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

What version of the IDE and TeensyDuino are in use? The T4 uses a non-kinetis imxrt 1062 processor - so the TeensyDuino is old or there is confusion in the build system.

The latest IDE release is 1.8.13 - that shouldn't be a factor, but is in use here.

The Current TeensyDuino released is 1.53, but 1.54 is now in beta and is in use here.

I just did a verify build of that example here for a T_4.0 ( and T_4.1 ) and all is well.

Here is the end of the Verbose compile - the text seen there should be similar:
Code:
"T:\\arduino-1.8.13_t54\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/teensy_post_compile" -file=PassThroughMono.ino "-path=T:\\TEMP\\arduino_build_571958" "-tools=T:\\arduino-1.8.13_t54\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/" -board=TEENSY40
Multiple libraries were found for "Audio.h"
 Used: T:\arduino-1.8.13_t54\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio
 Not used: T:\tCode\libraries\Audio_-_Adafruit_Fork
Multiple libraries were found for "SD.h"
 Used: T:\arduino-1.8.13_t54\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD
 Not used: T:\arduino-1.8.13_t54\libraries\SD
Using library Audio at version 1.3 in folder: T:\arduino-1.8.13_t54\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio 
Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: T:\arduino-1.8.13_t54\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI 
Using library SD at version 1.2.2 in folder: T:\arduino-1.8.13_t54\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD 
Using library SerialFlash at version 0.5 in folder: T:\arduino-1.8.13_t54\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SerialFlash 
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: T:\arduino-1.8.13_t54\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire 
"T:\\arduino-1.8.13_t54\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-size" -A "T:\\TEMP\\arduino_build_571958/PassThroughMono.ino.elf"
Sketch uses 40184 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 2031616 bytes.
Global variables use 49844 bytes (9%) of dynamic memory, leaving 474444 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 524288 bytes.

Also if that does not help, then please post more information. Like source code, links to libraries used, what build system you are using (Arduino? which version) ...

Obviously if your code or one of the libraries you use specifically includes the file kinetis.h it will fail as that is specific to T3.X and LC. for T4, the equivalent file is imxrt.h,
but just changing from one file name would not necessarily help much as the underlying data structures and registers are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back