Teensy shutdown when SD card is inserted

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirogeek

Hey guys,

I have been having the weirdest of behavior happening to me right now. I have ordered a bunch of Teensy 4.0 and audio boards, I assembled them correctly and see no short circuit on my assembly. The teensy boots just fine but when I insert an SD card before turning on or after the teensy shuts down. As if the SD card is causing some sort of short circuit ?
I have two copies of teensy 4.0 audio shield built in the past sitting in front of me that behave as expected but this new batch (2 attempt so far ) show the same behavior ! SD card on => Teensy doesn't turn on.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys,

I have been having the weirdest of behavior happening to me right now. I have ordered a bunch of Teensy 4.0 and audio boards, I assembled them correctly and see no short circuit on my assembly. The teensy boots just fine but when I insert an SD card before turning on or after the teensy shuts down. As if the SD card is causing some sort of short circuit ?
I have two copies of teensy 4.0 audio shield built in the past sitting in front of me that behave as expected but this new batch (2 attempt so far ) show the same behavior ! SD card on => Teensy doesn't turn on.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Did you ever figure this out? I think I know what your problem is -- the Audio Shield is too close to the Teensy and C29 (I think) touches the grounded metal of the SD card frame, shorting +3.3V to ground. I came here to make a post to this effect, which I guess I'll do! --BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back