Thinking of getting VisualMicro...

Hi all, I'm thinking of getting VisualMicro. After 25 years of using Visual Studio, using the Arduino IDE is like Word compared to Notepad, and I'd like to move to something more.

I've already searched the forums here (and there) to make sure it's compatible, and seems like it is.

I was wondering if there's any gotcha's, and what everyone thinks of it generally..?

I have it and use it from time to time. Most of the time I stay with Arduino and for more complex stuff I use SublimeText as my editor and have stuff setup to build within it.

The only gotcha I ran into with VisualMicro is that when setup to do Arduino builds, it did not choose the same libraries as Arduino does.

That is suppose I have two versions of a library, example Wire, and there is one that Teensyduino installs and suppose I have a version I up updating in my <Arduino Sketches>\libraries\Wire directory.
Arduino will use the one from the <sketches>/libraries directory where as the VisualMicro one use the one Teensyduino installed.

Most of the time not a big deal, but sometimes can be confusing.

But that was a few months ago, they may have changed it since then.

Back