Teensy 3.6 output voltage problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there
I am a newbie
Had a circuit running just fine on Teensy 3.6 and then suddenly the operation stopped working. I checked the 3.3v output and now I am only getting 1.8v. I can still upload programs and use a lot of functions but the voltage after the regulator is 1.8v
I was supplying 2 MPC4822 DACs with the 3.3v and SPI and powering a 100k potentiometer with added 200k series resistance. This is nowhere near the 250ma the regulator is supposed to handle.

Has anyone seen this before?

Is it getting hot?

It seems to be but its hard to get my finger in there to test it
All the analogue pins are working fine on the right side but all the digital pins on the left side of the board seem to either have an oscillation or are reading 1.8v

The digital pins that are reading 1.8v are ones that I had connected to 2 external DACs. So the 2 CS select pins and the MOSI pin all read 1.8v now even if I remove the connections to the DACs.
I think I have damaged those 2 CS pins and the MOSI pin. I suppose I could try some others?

Ahh I just loaded Blink and checked the Digital pins - they are not reading 1.8v so seem ok
So the 1.8v the multimeter was reading on those SPI pins before is the pulsating HIGH voltage right?

The regulator is still only providing 1.8v when I load another program

Ahh I just loaded Blink and checked the Digital pins - they are not reading 1.8v so seem ok
So the 1.8v the multimeter was reading on those SPI pins before is the pulsating HIGH voltage right?

The regulator is still only providing 1.8v when I load another program

If you measure between 5V and 3.2 you'll see 1.8 - because that is the difference :)
So...how did you measure? At which points?

For the GPIOs: You must set them to output - high before you can measure the voltage. For measuring a pulsating pin (like SPI-pins) you need other equipment.. a multimeter will not work and will show wrong values.

Yes the regulator only gives 1.8v now with any program

IBlink only uses the LED pin. All the other digital pins have returned to zero (with a bit of noise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back