Customer site Firmware Download

mijohnso

If there is already a thread on this let me know.

I have a customer request to have the ability to upgrade my firmware in the field. We have nearly 100 machines in the field with many more planned in the next 18 months. I looked around the forum for anything for firmware download besides the USB connection I use for development because my customers want something simple from their side. Primary communications is RS485/Modbus RTU. I expect I will need some kind of Reset system (to get into program mode)

I am using the Teensy 4.1 in C with MS Visual Studio and Visual Micro plugin, is there a way already in the boot loader or libraries available to upgrade my firmware application from the SD card slot (or??) with a HEX file?

Any suggestions would be a great help.

Thanks

You can easily write code to load a teensy .hex firmware file from an SD card (or modbus) if you use the Flasher4 library.

You can easily write code to load a teensy .hex firmware file from an SD card (or modbus) if you use the Flasher4 library.

Thanks! I couldn't quite figure out if that was possible or not with the Flasher4 library. Would you happen to have a quick summary on how to do that via the SD card? I've been messing with the example file and reading the thread and instructions, but I can't seem to figure out what needs to be done / adapted in order to load the hex file from the SD card.

If you had time to explain that or point me to somewhere where it is already explained, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Look at the upgrade_firmware() routine and add code to open the file and read characters from it instead of the serial port. Others can say more about how to use the SD card.

I wonder - did you get it working?
ie. Did you load Teensy 4.1 firmware from
SD card? I also need to do this so any advice
Would be very welcome!
Malcolm

I wonder - did you get it working?
ie. Did you load Teensy 4.1 firmware from
SD card? I also need to do this so any advice
Would be very welcome!
Malcolm

See the github page and thread below. The github FlasherX contains a working example of updating firmware from an SD card. It is based on the original Flasher3 and Flasher4 by @jonr, and extended to support LC/3.x/4.x/Micromod

https://github.com/joepasquariello/FlasherX

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/4316...dates-changes-for-flashing-Teensy-3-5-amp-3-6

Back