Command Line Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, you can probably add the other options (e.g. optimization) to your FQBN (teensy:avr:teensy40:usb=serialmidiaudio) as well (see #15 for an example of a full FQBN). All in all the "arduino_debug" command line does not differ much from the "arduino-builder" command line (see #19) which I use for the ino mode in VisualTeensy . Maybe both are calling the same code behind the scene.

Isn't it a bit tedious and error prone to read out all those flags from boards.txt manually? Also some of those flags have dependencies which makes it even more complicated. The builder extracts them automatically by providing the FQBN. You just need to add your additional flags. Maybe your Arduino command also supports FQBNs instead of the raw defines?
FYI - Personally I would not do this... But if the point was to NOT install Teensyduino you can extract the stuff from the files that generate the builds, like boards.txt and platform.txt.

I am with you that I would rather simply use the built in tools like use the builder as to make sure that what I build will work the same.

I would much rather use something like your makefile, or the TSET stuff (from FrankB and Defragster) that I use when I am building within sublimetext.

FYI - Personally I would not do this... But if the point was to NOT install Teensyduino you can extract the stuff from the files that generate the builds, like boards.txt and platform.txt.

I am with you that I would rather simply use the built in tools like use the builder as to make sure that what I build will work the same.

I would much rather use something like your makefile, or the TSET stuff (from FrankB and Defragster) that I use when I am building within sublimetext.

Indeed on Windows @FrankB encapsulated the line needed to trigger a command line build using 'PJRC selected/tested/supported toolchain'.
Code:
set model=teensy41
set speed=600
set opt=o2std
set usb=serial2
echo Building Sketch: %ino%
"%arduino%\arduino-builder" -verbose=1 -warnings=more -compile -logger=human ...

And @defragster took away manual editing of that with four choice prompts for those 'set' fields in :: github.com/Defragster/Tset

Extended a bit to emulated the IDE 'New Sketch' behavior with folder and matching sketch name with boilerplate setup() and loop(), with or without TyCommander, when using Protable,

That is of course Windows only - but not sure why it couldn't be extended for scripting under linux the same way.
It works from within editor using 'current' file, or command line, or even double click in 'File Explorer'

luni #26

yes I checked the source code it's doing a split by the comma sign ,
so that means you can have multiple options

teensy:avr:teensy40:usb=serial,speed=600

nice that you have written VisualTeensy in C#

I will try Arduino Builder

KurtE
but sublimetext cost $80 it's not free like VSCODE + PLATFORMIO

personally I don't like the reasons microsoft have with VSCODE:

I have written a extension for VSCODE that starts a WebServer + WebSocketServer
(that communicates with my special edition of the Audio System Design Tool
so that code can be written directly by the tool without the tedious copy/remove/paste)
and the WebSocketServer sends the terminal data output back to the client

BUT I have to use --proposed flag that enables the Terminal output redirect,
and microsoft thinks that this function is not stable enough and will never be so they say we will never include this
into the standard edition by default, also they say that you need to use insiders edition, that is not true
I just tried to start the standard IDE with --proposed flag and it worked!!!

/Jannik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back