Teensy 4 with Audio Sheild Makes Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a Teensy 4 and an Audio Shield that makes a background noise like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ljj3FPgcAm_GcEuKqg19Blhr5n44jb3z/view?usp=sharing

First 2 seconds is the constant noise, and then when I trigger a wav file it adds another kind of noise together with the teaspoon sound playing. It's like I'm listening an electromagnetic microphone that senses all kind of signal noise.

Considering the possible groundloops in my system, I have tried powering Teensy with an external power bank but it is still the same.

What can be done about this?

I would appreciate if you know and share any information about this.

I use USB input and toslink output. Combined with a high quality DAC, I have no noise.

Too many possibilities to enumerate. We have no way of knowing from your question how you have your project wired, the extent of possible ground loops, and many other factors. Even an external power bank won't eliminate ground loops coming from audio connections. This is why my suggestion was phrased as a question.

I add a large , grounded piece of sheet copper to many projects which stops a lot of digital noise. I've recently added the suggested transformers to several projects to successful result.

To my knowledge, ground noise remains one of the more mysterious problems and artful solution opportunities that exists.

Too many possibilities to enumerate. We have no way of knowing from your question how you have your project wired, the extent of possible ground loops, and many other factors. Even an external power bank won't eliminate ground loops coming from audio connections. This is why my suggestion was phrased as a question.

I add a large , grounded piece of sheet copper to many projects which stops a lot of digital noise. I've recently added the suggested transformers to several projects to successful result.

To my knowledge, ground noise remains one of the more mysterious problems and artful solution opportunities that exists.

Thanks a lot I have no other solution so I will try tomorrow when the electronics shop is open. Thanks again!

but the problem is, this noise is consistant even there is no circuit and I just upload the play synth music example code into the Teensy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back