Smart glasses like display

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyL

Hey all,

Figure it's worth asking here, even if I may have to migrate to pi anyway...

Drone rules in Canada says no fpv without a spotter. Trying to learn some more FPV oriented skills so to be legal need see-through but want some of that OSD/FPV in my field of vision. I know I want the google glass or epson bt enterprise solution - but the covid budget says in your dreams buddy 😂 vufine makes that vuf-110 more budget friendly but big black hole of display in front of your eye (Can't see through it)

Been playing around with this scenario:
https://youtu.be/IpJqzwXWg-k

Via a teensy 3.6, just playing a short video from sdcard. Using an old .96" sparkfun oled and code handily found here.

But it's not bright enough to be seen outside and most of the OSD is lost sizing it down to 128x64. Being able to read altitude would be nice - differentiate sky from ground and that's a tree I'm about to hit - would be nice too.

The see-through LCDs seem like they'd be a great option - but sparkfun/crystalfontz displays seem to be out of stock for a long time.

Wondering if anyone has some thoughts on other options? Was considering that 240x240 sparkfun 1.3" oled. Twice the resolution in 1/3rd more space. But we're getting bigger not smaller and it's kind of unwieldy already.

Any thoughts on getting a signal to the glasses would be great too. FPV is OpenHD pi zero, pi HQ camera, ac56 airside, pi 3b, ac56, into a laptop GCS side - so video out has lots of options. I'd love some form of wireless stream because I'll trip on a 10-20' cord every time otherwise.

Have a teensy 4 coming and I'd honestly love not to buy another pi, but the pi solution may be easiest I fear.

Thanks for putting up with my rambling, looking forward to any thoughts you guys may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back