problem of noob with potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with the next set.

For sanity - power the new T_3.6 and watch it blink.

Then carefully get the 3.3V and GND to the pot and the middle line to one of the analog pins - A3 as in the sketch above - and run that to see the results.

Not sure if you are ordering it pinned? Probably not for use with Audio board.

Not good for real use - but with unpowered Teensy and solid wire ends through the pin holes and folded for secure decent 'contact' with just the pin hole plating then add power and the sketch and look for results.

Otherwise you could use an external ADC
Example 4ch 16bit i2c:
ADS1115

Or you could use the DAC/(pwm+RCfilter) output together with any number of voltage comparator's + (optionally 74hc165) to create your own multichannel ADC

Did you know that you can change the ADC resolution
To 12bit

analogReadResolution(12) to read 12bits instead

From my understanding, the 12bit resolution advertised in the datasheet is more of a theoretical maximum --- in any practical situation, the noise introduced eliminates those two LSB. After smoothing and averaging, best you can reliably hope for in a prototype setting is 10 bit. Please correct me if I'm misguided!

thanks for all your suggestion! my teensy was already used for prototyping my first midi controller project and I certainly made mistake as a beginner, it s not impossible that I ruined it with my experimentations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back