Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Error detecting library fnet_serial.c

Error detecting library fnet_serial.c

Hi,

I am trying to compile the NativeEthernet / UDPSendReceiveString example from teensyduino for a teensy 4.1 and I get a strange error:
    Error while detecting libraries included by C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FNET\s rc\service\serial\fnet_serial.c
    The code that I am developing have the same problem
    Doesn't do it on the example through normal ethernet / UDPSendReceiveString library.
    I am running with Arduino 1.8.13 and Teensyduino 1.53

Any idea?
    Thanks

I remember one person had an issue like this a year ago when I originally ported it for USB Ethernet on the Teensy 3.6 and 4.0 before the Teensy 4.1 was available. I don’t remember if he fixed it or what he did to fix it nor was I able to recreate the issue on my end no matter what I tried. There was some efforts on my part to try and fix it, but as I couldn’t recreate the problem nothing ever came of it. You may want to try either a clean install or consider trying the beta release version of Teensyduino.

No luck on my side.
    I tried on an other computer with latest version of arduino and teensyduino and that didn't work
    On my computer I tried to reinstall fresh, cleaning the app data folder, registry, removing my folder of library, changing the compilation optimisation, going for the latest beta teensyduino and nothing changed for my code, same error and
    Error compiling for board Teensy 4.1.
    On all the examples using fnet serial (nativeEthernetUDP, FNET_Native_Ethernet,...) I still have the same error but the compilation succeed...

Found why I had the :
    Error compiling for board Teensy 4.1.
    Not related to fnet_serial error, just a redefinition of the mac address on one of my files...
    Doesn't change the fact that I still have this fnet_serial error and you may have it too (first fresh compilation with verbose mode and display all) but doesn't stop the compilation

Now that you mention it I do remember that being a previous issue, the other guy wasn't able to compile for other reasons, but I know I did try to fix this error as well even though it didn't cause problems. There's not really any information on what causes the error to pop up nor does it stop the file from functioning so even though I couldn't stop the error I just left it as is since it doesn't cause any problems besides throwing a red hearing for people using verbose output.