multiple mdns services

Fertje

Hi There,
The MDNS.begin has 2 parameters, the service name and the number of services.
When I add more serivces than one (in the example I added 4), I only see the last one appear on the network, sometimes another one.
I guess it needs to flush on every addService but it doesnt.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Code:
MDNS.begin("MyName", 4); //.local Domain name and number of services //.local Domain name and number of services
MDNS.setServiceName("Service1"); 
MDNS.addService("_apple-midi._udp", 5004); 
MDNS.setServiceName("Service2"); 
MDNS.addService("_apple-midi._udp", 5006); 
MDNS.setServiceName("Service3");
MDNS.addService("_apple-midi._udp", 5008); 
MDNS.setServiceName("Service4"); 
MDNS.addService("_apple-midi._udp", 5010);

thanks!
Best, Fertje

At the moment in FNET there aren't separate names for each service, so every service would share the same name, I haven't thought to try multiple services of the same type so this issue never arose before. So because of the fact FNET doesn't already have separate service names it's not resolving the conflicting names when there are multiple services of the same type, I'll have to rectify that soon, but at the moment that's why all of them aren't showing up.

Thank you for your quick reply VJmuzik.
For some DAWS like pro tools, only 8 channels per midi device are possible. So with 32 channels, you need 4 midi devices and it's nice to have them configured with bonjour. This is why I tried to do this.
thanks again.
Best,
Fertje.

Yeah I totally understand, Avid really needs to stop placing arbitrary limitations in there products, they love limiting everything to 32 where ever they can to squeeze more money from the end user since they are forced to buy their higher end products if they want more than that. My whole reason for even doing anything with ethernet on Teensy revolved around bypassing that limit since their higher end controllers that have more than 32 channels have to be connected with an ethernet cable.

So the solution is you have to emulate one of their ethernet consoles that have more than 32 channels, unfortunately it's impossible to emulate the large Eucon S6 or S4 since they rely on a Windows computer preloaded with their software that is serially locked to their servers with that console. Unfortunately the small Eucon consoles that you can emulate like the S1 or Artist Mix are also locked to 32 channels because again they love that number, the only other option is to emulate one of their older DigiNet devices like the D Control which lets you have up to 64 channels.

Yeah it's a terrible strategy. I have successfully connected 4 artist mix last year by software, but it's no use anyway if you want more than 32 channels. ;-)
the s6 potocol is a bit more difficult indeed, I got no further than a handshake.
D control is being done over another protocol, not tcp or udp, (ethertype is different). Still working on that, got them recognized in PT but it's a pain.
tnx.

Yeah DigiNet is a low level protocol not requiring an ethernet stack, the only common part between all the DigiNet consoles is the initial handshake, after that most of the consoles have their own protocol you have to figure out. The Pro Control and I believe the Control 24 really just use midi over ethernet and share a protocol since it's obvious they started out in the development phase as just midi controllers and then they switched to ethernet some time during that. The other ones such as the C|24 and D Command/Control all have different protocols that have to be figured out, it's easy to map the received messages that Pro Tools sends to the console, but so far the last time I worked on it I wasn't able to figure out what to send from the console to Pro Tools for the corresponding buttons on the D Control.

I happen to own a Pro Control so I've already fully emulated that and it's fader pack before, but since it doesn't work in newer versions of Pro Tools it's useless at the moment so that's why I've been trying to figure out the D Control since that still works in the new versions even though it's discontinued. Since I don't have access to a D Control at the moment it's really a lot of guess work on my part to try and get the send part working since I have to base it on my knowledge of what the Pro Control does.

I went to a studio with an icon.
Made session dumps with wireshark while moving faders.
Interested?

Hello guys! I am also having the same problem.

At the moment in FNET there aren't separate names for each service, so every service would share the same name, I haven't thought to try multiple services of the same type so this issue never arose before. So because of the fact FNET doesn't already have separate service names it's not resolving the conflicting names when there are multiple services of the same type, I'll have to rectify that soon, but at the moment that's why all of them aren't showing up.

I'm Brazilian, sorry for my English.
I need 4 sessions on mDNS. I saw that this topic is a little old, so I thought there was a possibility that some of you have solved this problem. Thank you very much!

Back