Help with displaying video on WS2812B LED strips display with 1600 LEDs for a charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

json_h

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of building a LED strip based display for a local charity. My goal is to be able to take video files and display them on the LED strip display. My initial research has lead me to purchase Teensy 4.0 with OctoWS2811, and attempt to use the Processing movie2serial and the Teensyduino Videodisplay. However, while I have the Teensy 4.0 and OctoWS2811 working for basic tests to the WS2812B ECO LED strips, I am not getting proper video display working using movie2serial and videodisplay.

What recommendations would you make for the combination of software and hardware to make this work? If you believe the current combination I am working on should work fine, any suggestions on why the video pushed to the LED strips would result in a very random looking pattern of random colors instead of what the video should look like?

Thank you,
Jason

I've been wondering whether HUB75 pixel matrixes might be more effective and cheaper than the large WS2812B/neopixel displays. I just got a 64x32 display from Adafruit with their adabox 16 product, but I haven't done anything with it yet. I did order the new Teensy 4 V5 smartled shield, that should arrive in a few weeks:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back