Apple's new M1 (ARM based) Macintosh

PaulStoffregen

Does anyone have access to one of these new Apple Macintosh machines?

Curious to hear whether Arduino + Teensyduino and Teensy Loader are working under Rosetta 2 emulation?

MacBook Air Apple M1

Does anyone have access to one of these new Apple Macintosh machines?

Curious to hear whether Arduino + Teensyduino and Teensy Loader are working under Rosetta 2 emulation?

Hi

Yes I have and it installed fine straight from your website, but failed at the download stage to a Teensy 4.0. I have not done anything explicit with Rosetta, I don't know much about it, perhaps that's the issue. Any ideas on what I could try?

This is what I see:

Opening Teensy Loader...
Unable find Teensy Loader. (p) Is the Teensy Loader application running?
Multiple libraries were found for "SD.h"
Used: /private/var/folders/kg/_3fhly616p781sb2khr1g3680000gn/T/AppTranslocation/ECD08653-64EF-4988-A5C8-6ACBAA1113AD/d/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD
Not used: /private/var/folders/kg/_3fhly616p781sb2khr1g3680000gn/T/AppTranslocation/ECD08653-64EF-4988-A5C8-6ACBAA1113AD/d/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/SD
quitexit status 1
Error compiling for board Teensy 4.0.

Not sure if it's strictly related to the M1 Macs or just Big Sur, but I've had it say "Unable find Teensy Loader. (p) Is the Teensy Loader application running?" a couple of times and simply trying to upload it again has worked before.

Managed to get the Loader to work, not sure what I did but can confirm that it all works for me on a MacBook Air with Apple M1 chip. It may have been changing something in the serial port choice that made it start working not sure. Anyway, I downloaded a change to my guitar amp project and it seemed to work fine.

I have a Mac Mini M1. Teensyduino seems to work just fine, but OTOH I have been seeing occasional kernel panics only when Teensyduino is left running. I don't know for sure they're related, but I had no panics at all until I started up work on my Teensy project. I can give you more info if you're interested.

Back