In the serial Monitor, I have not the Show Time Stamping option. :confused:
I used to have it before installing Teensyduino

• Teensy 4.0
  • Arduino IDE 1.8.13
  • Teensyduino 1.53
  • windows 10

Merci !:D
FX

In Teensy > Port, select the "Serial port" copy rather than the "Teensy port" version.

Then Arduino's original serial monitor will be used. Just don't print too fast - it can't handle sustained maximum speed printing with Teensy 4.0.

Just to explain a bit further - a special highly optimized serial monitor is used when you select Teensy Ports in the Tools > Ports menu. Here is a blog article I wrote last year about that optimization work.

https://www.pjrc.com/improving-arduino-serial-monitor-performance/

The part most relevant is "Direct Write Into FIFO Memory". With the normal serial monitor, a very traditional approach of reading data into a buffer, then passing or copying that buffer as it is passed between abstraction layers inside the Arduino IDE is used. That works fine for 1 Mbyte/sec data rates, but at 20 Mbyte/sec and higher which Teensy 4.0 can transmit, coping data between buffers and the repeated allocation and freeing of those buffers becomes too much overhead for the Java virtual machine, especially on older Macintosh computers.

Rather than trying to read data and then checking how much arrived, the direct read approach first checks how much space is available in the FIFO memory. Then incoming data is read directly into the FIFO memory, where it will be used to refresh the screen. The newline characters are found after the data is put into the FIFO memory and a list of line offsets is updated. But data is never processed as individual lines. It's taken as blocks of incoming characters and put directly into the FIFO memory.

Maybe someday we will find a way to add the timestamps, but it is not easy with this approach. We don't copy the data to temporary buffers where lines can be modified with extra info like the timestamps.

Bonjour Paul,

Merci !
It works like wonder. ;)
Capture.PNG

With the french IDE the choice must be "COMx (Teensy)" instead of "COMx Serial (Teensy 4.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back