Teensy 4.1 USB Host MIDI not working (no Power from 5V USB Pin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utak

I have the same problem like some others.

I'm using the Teensyduino IDE 1.53 on my Mac Mojave with the Teensy MIDI "InputRead" Example and an AKAI MPK mini Keyboard connected to the 5 Pins on the Teensy 4.1.

I've selected "MIDI" under Tools -> USB Type

1. First problem... there is no Power on 5V Pin (USB Host Port)
2. Second problem, when powering the Midi Keyboard with external 5V ... also I do not receive MIDI input signals

It seems that the USB Host port will be never activated, so external power makes no sense in this case.
So, how I can activate the USB Host functions? I'm using always the Teensy examples (no own code).

I've also checked the USB Cable (if I use the USB Cable with MIDI Keyboard and my Mac with Logic, the MIDI Keyboard is working fine)

What can be wrong also?

Do I have to use Teensy 3.6 Examples first to activate the USB Host Port? (I've read something about this)

The USBHost_t36 library isn’t only for the Teensy 3.6 anymore though the name hasn’t changed. The reason why there isn’t any 5v on the Host port is because you aren’t using the library that will activate and make use of it. All the examples included in the library will work on a T4 with no changes made to them so you’ll want to run one from there.
https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/USBHost_t36

Ok, crazy. With the downloaded Teensy 3.6 Libraries the Midi Examples in there are working fine.

The Teensy 4.1 Midi Examples inside Teensyduino are not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back