Octows2811 No output

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgcj

Hi all,

I wonder if someone might be able to point out what completely obvious thing I'm missing in getting my teensy 3.2 board + oct2811 to output.

Equipment;
Teensy 3.2
Octows2811
5v 60a PSU
WS2812B strip x1 @59 LEDs (Reused strip old first pixel was goosed so cut it off).

I'm new to Teensy boards and Arduino in general, I've previously used pixlite boards for digital installations but I'm really hoping to get my teeth into some wifi Artnet stuff with Tof sensors for a new instal.

So, literally the only thing I'm currently able to do on this get the led on the board to blink..

I've checked the circuit on an Arduino board I've got so I know the strip, wiring is working so I'm sure I must be missing something.

I'm running;
TeensyDuino1.8.13
TeensyLoader 1.53
Eventually resolume (hopefully)

I've tried both cat5 and cat6 lines through both jacks with no results, I've tried basic test and rainbow and am getting absolutely nothing.

Currently, I have;
Cat5 - Orange - data
cat5 - Orange/White - Ground on both WS2812 and PSU
PSU +5v to LED strip

Any help would be greatly appreciated, happy to post pictures up if needs be.

Sorry for the probably obvious question!

Thanks!

With the power off and computer disconnected, try using a multimeter in ohms mode to check if the white/orange wire really is connected to GND. Some cable flip the wires, so that might be the signal and orange might be ground.

If you're not using it already, run the BasicTest example. I've been working with OctoWS2811 code recently (finally adding RGBW support) and just last night I tested again on Teensy 3.x and all the other boards. It definitely does work when the LEDs are connected & powered properly.

If none of that solved your problem, time to show us photos. Maybe there's a mistake or misunderstand that someone here will be able to see with photos of how it's actually wired.

Excellent, I'll give those a try and let you know how I get on.

Thanks so much for the super quick response!

Cheers

Sorry, turns out I'm also being a total dummy and didn't bother to check the other jack.

Thanks again for your help, Hopefully, I'll be ok from here on out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back