Teensy 3.2 upload issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveSFX

Hello

My 'home made' pcb is assembled, all seemed fine. Its basically a Teensy 3.2 lifted and re-assembled onto a new PCB.

Plugged the new board into the PC. Got the Windows sound etc

I uploaded the first draft of the code. Fine.... loaded straight away after pressing Prog. Loaded correctly and runs fine.

I have just tweaked the code but now I cannot upload to the board?

I get the : 'Teensy did not respond to a USB-based request to enter program mode. Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch.'

Pressing the prog button on my PCB creates the windows sound, and the currently loaded program stops running. I assume it's now waiting for an upload.

But then it does nothing. If I press upload again in the IDE, I just get the same 'Teensy didn't respond' error.

Any ideas? What else can I check?

I looked at the Verbose output in the Teensy loader, but I have no idea what it's telling me.

Hmm

Yes, I have the page Frank. Thanks. I don't have a schematic yet.
Its basically exactly the same as the Teensy 3.2 board.

Just seems very odd that it uploaded perfectly the first time, and now won't.

So... I spent 2 hours trying to get it to upload. Rebooted the PC, reworked all the PCB connections.... swore a lot.

Walked away, watched Strictly come dancing.

Came back, plugged it in and immediately worked :confused::mad:

Sounds like a capacitor.. :) or Windows timeout-issue..

Had this with the new MTP feature. It took 5!! minutes before Windows decided to install drivers for a new device.. but, again, if you simple moved the parts to an other board, this can not be the case..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back