Teensy boards in VisualStudio code - possible??

steeley

I have got VSC on my Mac working with the Microsoft Arduino plug-in and after some fiddling it seems to work quite nicely.

But... It seems I cannot find a way to get the Teensy boards to show up in the VSC board manager.

I expect its down to the odd way Teensy works with Arduino... :(

Anyone got this to work?
TIA

Yes it looks complex but it's really easy to work with, you only need to install the vscode extension, and it starts installing needed things automatically(no need to install the specific board manually) the only thing then needed is to edit the platformio.ini but there is a thread that describes it here
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/64225-Newbie-on-PlatformIO-with-Teensy?highlight=Platformio+ini
Post #8 contains all the USB options.

, there can be a little hassle on Mac but I think it's because I use a VM (only for leisure non commersional use) so that don't have all the online features (like the store).
Maybe you can give it a chance again.
You can import arduino sketches from the Platform IO home, or just create new project there and then later copy your project files to the vscode project folder.

So back to my original question - Has anyone found a way to use Teensy boards with the Microsoft Arduino plugin.?

Sorry I don't use my MAC much, so usually just use Arduino...

Also on Windows do use Arduino IDE some of the time, but when I am doing more complex stuff I do it using Sublime Text. Most of the time with the TSET stuff that @FrankB and @defragster setup, which is windows script file that runs the Arduino IDE and as such is more or less gives me 100% compatible builds with the IDE...

Other possibilities: I am not sure if VisualMicro has a plug in that works with this or not? My guess is NOT.

Also on windows with SublimeText I also have the plug in Deviot which uses Platform IO and is partially based on STINO which was an earlier plugin that some of us played with earlier. I don't use it often as I don't believe it generates 100% the same code as the Arduino IDE does, but that may not matter to you. Also I don't know if this works on MAC or not.
I should probably try installing this package there and try it out.

So back to my original question - Has anyone found a way to use Teensy boards with the Microsoft Arduino plugin.?

Obviously, you will get better answers from Microsoft, why their plugin does not work on a Mac, or better ask Apple, why VSCode + Arduino plugins do not work on MAC.

To answer directly, I have not heard that someone has MS Arduino working on Mac

Back