Teensy 4.1 Ethernet pins + socket

Spencez

I am making an addon pcb for the teensy 4.1 which will need to passthrough the 48 outer teensy pins along with the 6 ethernet pins. I will use two of the 24x1 Sockets on the pjrc store to pass through the teensy pins but I am still searching for which components I should use (pins + socket) for the ethernet. Has anyone made a board in which the teensy is plugged in to a socket which also has a socket for the ethernet pins to be passed through? If anyone has experience or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

I am making an addon pcb for the teensy 4.1 which will need to passthrough the 48 outer teensy pins along with the 6 ethernet pins. I will use two of the 24x1 Sockets on the pjrc store to pass through the teensy pins but I am still searching for which components I should use (pins + socket) for the ethernet. Has anyone made a board in which the teensy is plugged in to a socket which also has a socket for the ethernet pins to be passed through? If anyone has experience or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

I tried this recently, not an ideal solution, but it works mechanically. Haven't ran ethernet thru it yet, that's further down the road.

The 2mm female sockets are shorter, so I had to use longer male pins. The ones I found were too long, needed to push the plastic down using a press and snipping the excess after soldering.

I used the following parts to make it work, cutting down the parts and sanding as necessary. It's quite a bit of work to do one board. When it's done, it's a lot of pins to pry apart, so you have to carefully and evenly pull it apart.

S1011EC-40-ND
SAM1213-24-ND
SAM13316-ND
SAM1245-03-ND

c0.jpg

c1.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion, this is what I am after for sure. I have not gotten around to making the next revision of my board yet but I will definitely consider these. Since I have posted this I found a few candidates as well.

Samtec MTMM-103-10-T-D-355
and
TE 2314820-6

I have some good news. Quite some time ago, PJRC ordered a large batch custom length header pins for exactly this use. They finally arrived late last week. I've been reluctant to mention it until now, since I wasn't 100% sure the vendor would really get it right. Fortunately, they're exactly right.

We're going to sell the pins and socket as a set. I hope to have it on the website soon.

I've added a link to this thread on the PJRC product page, so people who want to buy the Samtech parts can hopefully find this thread.

Yes, PJRC is fine with people buying other parts...

Last edited:
What is the total added height of the pins and the socket?
Do the 24x1 sockets match the height of the 3x2 Ethernet socket?
What is the part number of the 24x1 socket?

Back