Low power operation

Hi, I have an application which requires a MCU to run as a timer, powered by a battery. Please could anyone help with any information about low power modes on the teensy boards and how to set low power operation from code. I appreciate it's potentially a difficult question to answer without knowing more about the application, but essentially it's as follows: The mcu runs a timer and at a preset time a digital pin is set low to activate a MOSFET which switches on DC power to other equipment (it's a telescope and ancilliary devices in a remote observatory, powered by batteries). At another preset time, the MCU timer again activates the MOSFET to switch off the DC power.

Typically the MOSFET on time is around 6 p.m. and the off time is around 5 a.m., so the MCU spends most of its time as a timer.

The MCU itself will be run from a battery, so low power consumption is really helpful. I'm thinking 0.3 mA or less if possible.

If you need any further info, please let me know.

Thanks very much for help,
Paul

Thanks for the info. I read through but couldn't see any info on expected power reduction. Anyone using this and have any info on current consumed when snoozing?

Paul

Back