Audio Adapter Board for Teensy 4.0

Yes, the Audio Adapter revision D is compatible with both Teensy 4.0 and 4.1. Note, you will get better results if you use the micro-SD card reader on the Teensy 4.1, rather than using the reader on the audio adapter.

Likewise, if you solder a flash memory chip to the bottom of the Teensy 4.1, access should be much faster. However, the way the flash memory is accessed is different, and that is undergoing change in Teensydunio 1.54.

Yes, the Audio Adapter revision D is compatible with both Teensy 4.0 and 4.1. Note, you will get better results if you use the micro-SD card reader on the Teensy 4.1, rather than using the reader on the audio adapter.

Likewise, if you solder a flash memory chip to the bottom of the Teensy 4.1, access should be much faster. However, the way the flash memory is accessed is different, and that is undergoing change in Teensydunio 1.54.

Thank you so very much for your help and tips. I am brand new with the Teensy world and cant wait to get started.

Hi again,

I am confused with where to place header pins on the Teensy Audio Adapter Board 4.0 (I will be using it with the Teensy 4.1)

Thanks for your help,

soky157

Hi again,

I am confused with where to place header pins on the Teensy Audio Adapter Board 4.0 (I will be using it with the Teensy 4.1)

Thanks for your help,

soky157

@soky157:

Mate the "5V" & "GND" pins on the audio board with the "5V" & "GND" pins (respectively) on either the T4.0 or the T4.1 & you're good to go !! On the T4.0, the "GND" pin is simply labeled "G". I'm not where I can take a look at one of my T4.1s to see if it might be the same.

Good luck & have fun !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

I think my confusion comes from my Teensy 4.1 has 48 Pins and the Teensy Audio Adapter Board 4.0 has 28 Pins....I dont know how to connect them together.

soky157

Align the boards this way.

img.jpg

Also, if you look at the bottom side of the audio shield and bottom side of the Teensy, you'll see all the pins have numbers. This way lines the pin numbers up with each other.

As a new person to this Teensy Forum I and astonished at the quick, kind help and support you folks have given to me. Thank you sincerely.

soky157

Back