How would I use a Teensy 3.5 to wire switches to a flight sim (DCS World)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercadet63

I just recently purchased a Teensy 3.5 to use with my project to make aircraft switch panels for DCS World flight sim. I have ZERO experience is any kind of Arduino or coding type thing and felt that this would be a fun project to accomplish. Can anyone help me? I have no clue what im doing. I have searched for guides but nothing helped me. I also thought that I needed a 16 channel multiplexer so I also have that but don't know what to do with it either.
Thanks.

Last edited:
It might be helpful to go into more detail. How many switches do you need total? What are the exact specs of the device you are connecting to, including pointers to a datasheet? Are you wanting to use normal tactile switches or are you wanting to use touch sensitive switches? What is your timeline for getting it down? Have you done other programming before, or are you coming at it cold?

It might be helpful to go into more detail. How many switches do you need total? What are the exact specs of the device you are connecting to, including pointers to a datasheet? Are you wanting to use normal tactile switches or are you wanting to use touch sensitive switches? What is your timeline for getting it down? Have you done other programming before, or are you coming at it cold?

So I am connecting around 20 toggle/ tactile switches. At one point I might want to add even more than that. Some of the switches are on-on, on-off-on, on off (on), and a 4 position rotary switch. I also want to use rotary encoders and potentiometers. I am trying to use them on my Windows 10 computer with DCS World. I am also completely new to programing and have never done any before. I don't really have a timeline but the sooner the better I guess. All I need to do in my mind is make it so Windows recognizes the Teensy as like a HID or something then in my mind the switches should just work but obviously I am wrong. I saw there is a flight sim option for the Teensy but that's for X plane only. I'm trying to get it to work for DCS and MSFS. I think you can connect the switches straight to the analog inputs to the Teensy but there are not that many. I read somewhere that you could use a multiplexer (I don't really know what that is either) to have more switches.

Hopefully all that helps. Thanks for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back