Teensy LC w/ Xinput "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp3czialist

I'm trying too use the Xinput library on my Teensy LC for with a potentiometer

I've installed the correct version of Teensyduino, Arduino and Xinput library. I've replaced the AVR files so i can use the Xinput USB type. (Teensy Xinput USB mode)

086add1d80903a6e185fdce024b2344c.png

The device manager shows this error:

544519a14994da6f5204d37d132a906c.png

Changing the driver versions from this list doesn't fix it.

490b3564e1eab1f8acd57794d3b58f8b.png

The code im using is just a example code to check if it is working.

Code:
#include <XInput.h>

void setup() {
	XInput.begin();
}

void loop() {
	XInput.press(BUTTON_A);
	delay(1000);

XInput.release(BUTTON_A);
	delay(1000);
}

I'm clueless on how-to fix this issue and i really want to get this too work.

I've tried several things:
- Uninstalling Teensyduino & Arduino
- Changing Driver versions in the device manager
- Using another Teensy LC board
- Changing all Board, CPU Speed, Optimize settings

Does anyone here know the solution for my problem? I've searched the whole internet for it but i can't seem to find a solution.

If someone knows a better library for using a analog joystick with the teensy LC feel free too post it here because im getting a headache :)

I have the feeling your problem is on the PC side, not the Arduino/Teensy side.
Perhaps the following links can help you?
[url]https://appuals.com/fix-insufficient-system-resources-exist-to-complete-the-api-xbox-controller/[/URL]
[url]https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/insufficient-system-resources-exist-to-complete/11fc3d46-63ed-43d7-9906-3a2cfee03c6c[/URL]
I googled for "insufficient system resources exist to complete the api xbox controller".

Regards,
Paul

Out of curiousity, I installed the ArduinoXInput library and related ArduinoXInput_Teensy stuff.
Running Windows 10 Home version 20H2, Arduino 1.8.13, Teensyduino 1.53.
Took a Teensy LC, the code from your post and compiled/ran it.
All seems to be working properly:

DMgeneral.png DMdriver.png DMdriverdetails.png

A while ago I wrote a small PC program to check the buttons of an XBOX 360 controller and it shows the correct behaviour:

XBOX360cntrtest.png XBOX360cntrbuttondef.png

So I'm afraid the issue you see is on your PC side...

Regards,
Paul

For what it is worth: I checked also on my rather old desktop PC running Windows 7 Pro X64. When I plugged the Teensy LC in one of the front USB3 ports, it did not show up in the device manager? [it's a TI chip based USB3 controller].
However, when I plugged the Teensy LC in one of the USB2 rear ports everything was working fine... strange...
The 1-year old laptop I used for testing initially has USB3 and USB2 ports - all work fine with the programmed Teensy LC.

So you may want to test on a USB2 port as well. And don't test with a USB hub for that matter.

Regards,
Paul

Out of curiousity, I installed the ArduinoXInput library and related ArduinoXInput_Teensy stuff.
Running Windows 10 Home version 20H2, Arduino 1.8.13, Teensyduino 1.53.
Took a Teensy LC, the code from your post and compiled/ran it.
All seems to be working properly:

View attachment 22967 View attachment 22968 View attachment 22969

A while ago I wrote a small PC program to check the buttons of an XBOX 360 controller and it shows the correct behaviour:

View attachment 22970 View attachment 22971

So I'm afraid the issue you see is on your PC side...

Regards,
Paul

Paul,

Thanks for your curiousity and helpfull comments. I've tried to do the steps on the your first comment without success. Tomorrow i'll test on a friends PC with all the different USB ports, cables and stuff.

Heel erg bedankt voor het helpen.

Paul,

Thanks for your curiousity and helpfull comments. I've tried to do the steps on the your first comment without success. Tomorrow i'll test on a friends PC with all the different USB ports, cables and stuff.

Heel erg bedankt voor het helpen.

This is exactly the problem I am having! Although it doesn't seem that @sp3czialist got sorted, sometimes finding someone with the same problem as you is half the battle to finding the solution. I've tried very similar steps to @sp3czialist. I installed the boards files from David's project page, then I installed the XInput library from the library manager. I have tested on three PC's, all running Windows 10 (one Pro 64-bit, one Pro 32-bit, one Enterprise 64-bit), with two Teensy LC's. I've verified that a genuine Xbox 360 controller works OK. I have tried on a variety of USB ports, both 2 and 3. Nothing seems to work!

Could there be something wrong with the way I've installed the files? Is there anything else I can try?

Any help gratefully received!!

Just to give an update, I managed to get it working!

I created a new, portable install of the Arduino IDE and the requisite files on a USB stick, with the intention of trying it on different PCs; however, it just worked first time on the same PC I had been using. No idea if the portable installation was necessary, or whether a re-installation would also have fixed it, but it works now anyway so I'm happy!

File placement

Just to give an update, I managed to get it working!

I created a new, portable install of the Arduino IDE and the requisite files on a USB stick, with the intention of trying it on different PCs; however, it just worked first time on the same PC I had been using. No idea if the portable installation was necessary, or whether a re-installation would also have fixed it, but it works now anyway so I'm happy!

Do you mind listing exactly how you placed your files in the hardware folder. Because I'm having a similar problem but I'm not totally understanding if I'm placing my files in the right directory or not. Thank you so much if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back