Teensy 4.1 + Circuitpython + Ethernet

nobyte

Hello,

Teensy 4.1 with wired Ethernet is a great package. But reading at many places, I can't find any positive info for Ethernet being available on Circuitpython? Do I reed the wrong information? I hope some one can give some positive feedback, please.

Marry Christmas
nobyte

Pretty sure it's not supported by CircuitPython. Also pretty sure nobody is working on supporting it. Only likely path to using it is Arduino or the other environments which use the Arduino libs.

Any change on this subject?

Python + Teensy4.1 would be my preferred solution to create a remote IOTdevice.

No. You have to use the Teensy loader to load the hex file.

Be sure to check whether CP supports the Teensy 4.1 ethernet.

On the Teensy loader page it claims you can drop the hex file on the loader window:
You can also open the file using the toolbar button, or using drag-and-drop onto the upper portion of the window.

I have been searching for the full specs and repo for Teensy 4.1 and have not found it. There is lot of activity with frequent builds showing up here:

https://adafruit-circuit-python.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html?prefix=bin/teensy41/en_US/

Drag and drop worked. I now have a CIRCUITPY folder for the Teensy 4.1 on my Windows machine.

I opened a PuTTY window and:

>>> print("Hello World!")
Hello World!

Droping or editing a .py file causes it to execute.

Who knows what features are implemented for Teensy 4.1?

Installed Mu editor. Has REPL interface. No wonder people like CircuitPython.

Auto-reload is on. Simply save files over USB to run them or enter REPL to disable.

Press any key to enter the REPL. Use CTRL-D to reload.

Adafruit CircuitPython 6.3.0 on 2021-06-01; Teensy 4.1 with IMXRT1062DVJ6A

code.py output:
Hello World

Code done running.

Press any key to enter the REPL. Use CTRL-D to reload.

Adafruit CircuitPython 6.3.0 on 2021-06-01; Teensy 4.1 with IMXRT1062DVJ6A
>>>

Last edited:
Back