Making a USB gaming mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuceInGame

Hello everybody, some weeks ago I got an idea for a mouse design not yet on the market and no matter what, i could not let this idea slip by.

For my prototype i don't even need buttons or a scroll wheel, all i need is a tracking sensor and a way to make it work while connected by USB with my pc.

I am currently studying management engineering, this means i only have basics on c++/c but i am not new to solder components together, and i repeat, all i need is a sensor connected with teensy by some wires and the thing to work.

Some users in another forum suggested buying the sensor in this format.

Other than that i am lost, i think i am very capable of doing it but i don't know what i need to learn and where to start, can you help me?

By the way, i hope you had a fantastic Christmas.

Will that sensor act as you expect it to? Do you have an optical mouse? Try running your hand around it and see how well you may control the cursor position. Try this at different distances. Maybe this is not the correct type of sensor and you require a better definition of how you want/expect this device to function.

Will that sensor act as you expect it to? Do you have an optical mouse? Try running your hand around it and see how well you may control the cursor position. Try this at different distances. Maybe this is not the correct type of sensor and you require a better definition of how you want/expect this device to function.

Hi, thanks for the answer, yes the 3360 and 3389 are top of the line gaming sensors, i am looking on prototyping the mouse shell now, this part will take time and experimentation, but it's not difficult to realize.

What i need to learn is how to connect the sensor to teensy and get it running once installed on the shell, on this front i have no clue.

The sensor comes with some open-source code (example for the 3389 sensor module) that can run in Arduino, this is what i believe at least, but my knowledge is limited.

I've tried both the Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime and ASUS ROG Pugio Aura. I used to prefer optical mouse more than laser, but recently, I've been playing using the Turtle Beach Grip 500 and I can say it's cheap for an all-purpose mouse. I suggest getting the Razer Mamba Tournament if you've got enough cash or prefer wireless than wired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back