Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stereo Plate Reverb for Teensy4.x

Thanks!! I will definitely have a look at the freeze effect. Could be very cool to have a separate button to enable this or use it when you max-out the room size knob. I will let you know how it goes.

Pio-really nice work! I was wondering if you can point me to a reference that explains some of the math theory behind the plate reverb algorithm?

OK, I think I found a good reference. Dattorro, J. (1997). Effect design part 1: Reverberator and other filters

Thanks

Is it possibile to ad a shimmer in this amazing reverb?
    It should be amazing!!

I think think reverb should be merged within the audio lib. It is a major contribution !

Quote Originally Posted by danixdj View Post
    Is it possibile to ad a shimmer in this amazing reverb?
    It should be amazing!!
    Shimmer requires a pitch shifter somewhere inside the reverb tank. That'll need more time to implement. At some point i'm going to add it, esp, since i've built myself a new hardware platform for testing and working on a new components:

I added a new version of the plate reverb code, written for the OpenAudio_ArduinoLibrary by chipaudette

https://github.com/hexeguitar/t40fx/...lateReverb_F32

It includes the new freeze function. The freeze can become quite "clicky" with low density values. Works the best with density set to 1.0f. An interesting effect, kinds of smeared up looper, similar to what EHX Freeze pedal produces.
    Freeze should actually "freeze" the other reverb settings in order to maintain the infinite reverb. For experimenting purposes i haven't implemented it. So, after enabling the freeze, changing the reverb time will make it fade away. The same with reverb internal filters (hi/lo loss), they can make the freeze fade away into bass sound or loose the bass and make a "swooosh" fade out using highpass settings.

There is also another new module for the OpenAudio: an interesting approach for so called "no phasing" stereo enhancer:
    https://github.com/hexeguitar/t40fx/...noToStereo_F32
    Link to sound sample included in the repo.

Piotr

Piotr,

That new board is awesome! Congrats. I'd love to learn more about it!

Jay

Well, after designing a board that has:

• 14 pots
    • 1 encoder
    • small 0.96" IPS display
    • 3 footswitches
    • optional hardware midi on Serial2
    • I2C + SPI expander headers
    • expression pedal input
    • WM8731 codec
    • analog dry path + electronic bypass (4066)
    • 3 x HD107s RGB leds

i discovered that i can use webMIDI + webSerial and make a custom html page with any controls i want + serial console for reporting back anything from the firmware. And use the escape sequences to color the output for the terminal. Kinda makes all these pots obsolete, at least for developing stage

Currently testing the plate reverb + IR stereo cabinet simulator + 2 x infinite/barperpole/shepard phaser (fun! will be the next module added to the lib).

Pio,

If you like GUI controls you need to check out this thread.

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/68798...Implementation

manicksan and h4yn0nnym0u5e have built a really nice interface with osc control. Using OSC you can control the pedal in endless ways...

Thanks! Will check it out.