Teensy current requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus

Hello All,

Has anyone posted the current draw required by the various Teensy platforms? I have a 240 mAh battery for my project and I believe that the Teensy 3.2 that I am currently using requires too much of the battery and does not leave enough current for the sensors and motors I am trying to drive. I am looking for a lower current Teensy platform.

Thanks,

Z

There have been some measurements posted in table form.

I find a graph on this page that gives some idea : github.com/manitou48/teensy4/blob/master/coremarka.png

A T_3.2 at 96 MHz looks to be under 40 mA. It can go under 30 mA at lower speeds it seems.

Lowest power consuming Teensy is the LC.

With a DMM that current in use could be tested easily for the case at hand.

Hello All,

Has anyone posted the current draw required by the various Teensy platforms? I have a 240 mAh battery for my project and I believe that the Teensy 3.2 that I am currently using requires too much of the battery and does not leave enough current for the sensors and motors I am trying to drive. I am looking for a lower current Teensy platform.

Thanks,

Z

240mAh is a capacity rating, not a current rating. To figure out if the battery can source enough current
you need to know the current rating.

For many batteries you'll see a C value, indicating the ratio between max current and capacity (in Ah).

A 10C 240mAh battery would be able to source 10 x 240mA, ie 2.4A.
A 5C 240mAh battery would be able to source 5 x 240mA, ie 1.2A.

Normally you'd avoid straining a battery to its maximum current rating as this both shortens the lifetime
of the battery and reduces the effective capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back