sending email with Teensy 4.1 with Magjack

Status
Not open for further replies.

gajjer

Hi all. I am new to this site and new to the Arduino and Teensy.

I am not an experienced coder but I have written some basic sketches to write to an LCD and monitor various sensors.
I need a SIMPLE tutorial explaining how to use the Magjack board to send emails. I have done something similar with the Raspberry Pi and set up a gmail account to receive the messages.
It works fine. I can't seem to find anything for the Arduino/Teensy. There are sketches that use a shield or the Wifi, but I want to use the Magjack board.
Any help would be gratefully received.
gaj

I have done something similar with the Raspberry Pi and set up a gmail account to receive the messages.
It works fine. I can't seem to find anything for the Arduino/Teensy. There are sketches that use a shield or the Wifi, but I want to use the Magjack board.
Any help would be gratefully received.
gaj

Hi,

I think it is a bit easier to send or receive emails using a mini pc like a Raspi than using a mcu like the Teensy.
First you could start here:
https://arduinogetstarted.com/tutorials/arduino-send-email
I don't know if there is a better way without using an external / third party service if you need a connection to your Google account.
For the Teensy 4.1 with magjack you have to use the native ethernet library.
Good luck ��

Hi,

I think it is a bit easier to send or receive emails using a mini pc like a Raspi than using a mcu like the Teensy.
First you could start here:
https://arduinogetstarted.com/tutorials/arduino-send-email
I don't know if there is a better way without using an external / third party service if you need a connection to your Google account.
For the Teensy 4.1 with magjack you have to use the native ethernet library.
Good luck ��

Thanks. It certainly was easy to use the Pi. I seem to be going round in circles here. My knowledge of Ethernet is limited. If I do manage to get it going, I will post something here.
Thanks anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back