Teensy 4.1 & Teensy 4.0 : Different Behavior with the Watchdog library

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmie

I am running the same code on a Teensy 4.0 and a Teensy 4.1. The timings on the Teensy 4.0 are below and they work flawlessly.

Code:
  //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  WDT_timings_t config;
  config.trigger = [U]5[/U]; /* in seconds, 0->128 */
  config.timeout = [U]10[/U]; /* in seconds, 0->128 */
  config.callback = myCallback;
  wdt.begin(config);

However, on the Teensy 4.1, the board kept resetting. This problem was fixed using the settings below:

Code:
  WDT_timings_t config;
  config.trigger = [U]10[/U]; /* in seconds, 0->128 */
  config.timeout = [U]20[/U]; /* in seconds, 0->128 */
  config.callback = myCallback;
  wdt.begin(config);

Why would these settings need to be different?

Watchdog processes are very complicated to me so I do not understand why the same exact code would require different settings?

I am running the same code on a Teensy 4.0 and a Teensy 4.1. The timings on the Teensy 4.0 are below and they work flawlessly.

Why would these settings need to be different?

Watchdog processes are very complicated to me so I do not understand why the same exact code would require different settings?

Not sure where WDT_timings_t comde from - not a library included in TeensyDuino?

More info needed on libraries and code in use - and version of TeensyDuino ...more complete code so a viewer could run it and observe?

odd.... it is the identical chip in both

are you sure theres no extra code blocking thats making the time expire sooner before feeding? (maybe something is taking a long time to initialize?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back