hex file too large message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I also have the same problem of a too large hex file.
I have a 3.2 TeenSy, that I flashed one year ago, and it worked very well since this time.
I wanted to upload the new version of the hex file (131 kB), but it doesn't want :

Code:
19:34:32.256 (loader): Teensy Loader 1.52, begin program
19:34:32.358 (loader): File "TeenAstroMainUnit_123_240_5160.hex". 131100 bytes, 203% used
19:34:32.358 (loader): File contains data beyond chip size, yikes!
19:34:32.359 (loader): Listening for remote control on port 3149
19:34:32.360 (loader): initialized, showing main window
19:34:35.536 (loader): Verbose Info event

I checked the usb wire is a data one.

That is very curious : when I open the teensy loader, it appears now with the too large message, although the TeenSy is NOT pluged to my laptop.

Any idea is welcome.

Fred

although the TeenSy is NOT pluged to my laptop.

Any idea is welcome.

Plug the hardware in and press the Program button. If you don't want to immediately upload the new code, turn off Auto mode first.

Teensy Loader will update its idea of how large the program can be once it seems real hardware.

Really that message leaves a lot to be desired. It really should tell you exactly which Teensy it is using as the basis for the available space. It should probably not even print that message at all when no hardware is online. But the code is just (stupidly) using the variable where the size of the most recently connected board was kept. This code is ancient... it's defaulting to Teensy++ 2.0 size if no board has yet connected, because that was the largest board at the time that message was written!

I'm working on Teensy Loader this weekend. Will look to see if I can quickly improve this for 1.55. But if it's complicated, will probably leave it as-is and put this on the list for 1.56 or some later version, since we really need to wrap up 1.55 soon.

Final followup on this old thread. This message did get improved in 1.55. Now it looks like this:

Code:
12:40:40.511 (loader): File "sketch_oct06a.ino.hex". 84992 bytes, 263% used
12:40:40.512 (loader): File contains data beyond Teensy 2.0 (ATMEGA32U4) size, yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back