JayShoe's Pro Audio Series - Teensy 4 ADC & DAC Audio Shield - TLV320ADC5140 PCM5242

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayShoe

JayShoe's Pro Audio Series - Teensy 4 ADC & DAC Audio Shield - TLV320ADC5140 PCM5242

Hello Friends,

I'd like to introduce my Pro Audio Series ADC and DAC modules for the Teensy 4 and Teensy 4.1. These modules were designed to provide high quality audio within the Teensy ecosystem. They offer single ended and balanced audio inputs and outputs for audio mixing, musical instruments, effect processors, guitar pedals, and pretty much any other audio processing task you are working on. They sound great, and are easily integrated into your project.

JayShoes_T-Pro_Audio_Series_ADC_DAC_AUDIO_SHIELD.jpg
JayShoes_T-Pro_Audio_Series_ADC_DAC_AUDIO_SHIELD_total.jpg

THE KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN IS NOW LIVE:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jayshoe/teensy-4-pro-audio-adc-and-dac-audio-shield-codec

The ADC is a TI TLV320ADC5140 and the DAC is a PCM5242. I posted more information in the campaign but feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions that I can answer. I hope to post additional updates as the campaign progresses. Thanks for your interest and support!

- JayShoe

Tags: Audio Shield, Audio Codec, Audio DAC, Audio ADC, TLV320ADC6140, TLV320ADC5140, TLV320ADC3140, PCM5242, Teensy Audio, Audio LIbrary

Hi JayShoe !

excellent, just what I need !

I tried to participate in Kickstarter, but it did not work out, maybe because of problems with overseas credit cards / payment . . . it seems Kickstarter is not well prepared for international payment !?

Just to let you know I would definitely order a PRO AUDIO DAC & ADC COMBO.

Please let me know by PM how we can proceed.

Best regards,

Frank DD4WH

I found out personally that Kickstarter is not very friendly for international sellers, but I didn't know it had issues with international backers too?

excellent, just what I need !.. Just to let you know I would definitely order a PRO AUDIO DAC & ADC COMBO.

Great. The goal behind the kickstarter is to fund the first round of manufacturing and getting distribution up and running (packaging, international shipping, etc). It's a test, of sorts to gauge demand. If you can't figure out a way to fund the project directly, I'll do my best to work something out. But hopefully my promotions over the next 30 days will be enough to push it over the edge otherwise I'll have to rerun the campaign or go about it a different way.

it seems Kickstarter is not well prepared for international payment !?

That's a shame KS doesn't work well internationally, I did not know. To anyone else having issues please let me know here or via PM - but again funding the KS is probably the best bet considering it's all or nothing. (link)

Do'nt you want to add it here, too?

Yes, I think getting the boards out in the wild is my first task.

Hi Jay, it's a shame that the kickstarter wasn't successful, are there any plans to make these boards available elsewhere?

Tindie is a reasonable place to do it. I've been using Tindie and have sold over 300 units so far in 8 months. It was a little bit of a nail biter when I ordered my first batch of 50 boards but they sold out in a relatively short period of time. I won't get rich but it has paid for lots of toys (new scope, shop equipment, lots of electronics to play with, ...) and supported development of additional products. Since you have the boards basically done, it should be pretty easy to do.

I thought about doing a kickstarter but, frankly, I'd rather just proceed without the pressure of meeting other people's expectations. Seen too many KSs that took people's money and then failed to actually deliver. If I fail, at least I don't have to explain it to people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back