List of supported Audio Lib Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank B

I have started to make a list of supported chips / boards.
I do not think that it is complete.
Maybe we can expand it together?

If you don't feel comfortable editing in the wiki, you can also post here, I'll expand the list then.

https://github.com/TeensyUser/doc/wiki/Audio-Library-Hardware

2021-01-20 21_58_58-Start.png

I have used NXP UDA1334A with T3.6 and I'm currently using TI PCM5102 with 4.0
Simply using the AudioOutputI2S object and not connecting the MLCK signal (They generate it internally) :)

Hi Frank, thanks for making the list.
I think the TDA1543A [..A for Japanese format] also works with output PT8211. Can't verify it though.

Paul

I suspect to be complete, for DAC's you need to separate the 3.2 (1 DAC) from the 3.5/3.6 (2 DACs). The LC has a single DAC also.

The T4.0/4.1 have MQSR/MQSL.

All of them should have USB audio to the main USB channel.

I would suspect that the Teensy 3.6, 4.0, and 4.1 would have audio to the USB host, but I don't use USB host at present, so I don't know the level of support.

I believe you have a typo, it should be PCM5102, not PCM1502. Such as:

MAX98357 is another I2S output only device that typically combines stereo output to a mono amplified channel. Such as:

Thanks! Typo fixed, and outputs added.
I won't add links to products or breakouts.

Or what do you think?

Some PDM(/TDM??) microphones are missing.. haven't used them

ADC input on Teensy 4.0 is still experimental and currently only supports mono. It sort-of works, but probably not well enough to be useful for most projects.

If you or anyone else wants to dive into the ADC code, I could write about what's needed... Probably best to start a new thread just about those ADC issues.

*phew*..
I think I have all added up to now.
The list ist growing. Impressive.
If you or anyone else wants to dive into the ADC code, I could write about what's needed... Probably best to start a new thread just about those ADC issues.
Later, in 2-3 weeks, maybe :)

FWIW, the Teensy 4 experimental ADC code uses 4X oversampling and a FIR filter, but still lacks (useful) DC removal and the resampling to 44.1 kHz is crude rather than proper interpolation. The FIR coefficients probably aren't optimal, needlessly throwing away higher frequencies. Signal gain through the whole process isn't done well either. But the basic setup of the timer, ADC & ADC_ETC, DMA, 4X oversampling and low-pass filtering and downsampling is all there.

Eventually it might perform much better than anyone would expect from a ~10 ENOB ADC, if the filter and signal gain are well tuned.

Anyone have issue with adding links to associated 'maker boards' that use Teensy Audio Library and supported hardware? There are a number of related community-driven projects on Tindie, codec boards etc. Some of the makers might want to add a link to the Wiki for a given codec. Most provide schematics as well so people can also use them as a reference for their own designs.

I wouldn't like links to Adafruit, Alieexpress etc. We don't have to do the marketing for big companies.
But having links to user-contributed things and Tindie is OK for me.

To make it clear: I do not decide this :) I think no one does..
But we should just be in agreement.

Hi Frank, I see TLV320AIC3110 is already on the list for 3.x and 4.x do you have a link for the library code for it as I have been amending the TLV320AIC3206 code for my breakout but not done input yet. If you can point me to the code for the TLV320AIC3110 it will save me some work, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back