Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Raspberry Pi Pico

As im buying my electronics mostly from my local diy shop. Im afraid it will take some time untill he gets some Talking about semaf.at respectively
    But thank you for your info

Quote Originally Posted by degu234 View Post
    As im buying my electronics mostly from my local diy shop. ... Talking about semaf.at respectively
    Looks like they carry Teensy 4.1, getting it from Sparkfun.

https://electronics.semaf.at/navi.php?a=2488&lang=eng

Sparkfun should soon have them back in stock. Maybe in a week or two, ask Semaf to restock Teensy 4.1.

This is some really cool info. Thank you. i will talk to semaf

VSCode with Teensy

Quote Originally Posted by JotaEfe13 View Post
    I have started using VSCode with Teensy and I am very happy with the switch. Have you tried it?
    What did you do to add teensy 4.1 support to VS Code?

Quote Originally Posted by pivodog View Post
    What did you do to add teensy 4.1 support to VS Code?
    This may help : https://github.com/TeensyUser/doc/wiki/VisualTeensy

Mark J Culross
    KD5RXT

Quote Originally Posted by degu234 View Post
    Maybe i overread something, but is the Teensy Audio Library compatible with the Pico Pi? Would like to build some basic stuff TIA
    As I understand it, Teensy Audio makes significant use of the DSP/vector instructions of the Coretex M4 instruction set to do high-performance audio processing. RP2040's cores are just M0+ cores ... perfectly nice, friendly cores but they lack those DSP instructions.

I'd love to be wrong about this, cuz i'm being forced to adopt the RP2040 for my current project due to chip shortages.

Quote Originally Posted by mykle View Post
    As I understand it, Teensy Audio makes significant use of the DSP/vector instructions of the Coretex M4 instruction set to do high-performance audio processing. RP2040's cores are just M0+ cores ... perfectly nice, friendly cores but they lack those DSP instructions.

I'd love to be wrong about this, cuz i'm being forced to adopt the RP2040 for my current project due to chip shortages.
    Another alternative is EPS32. It also has I2S and two cores (and you get bluetooth and wifi included). On the whole the performance is about the same as a M0, I think. The Teensy Audio lib can't be used directly, but many parts of the lib have code adapted to the Teensy LC, which also has no DSP.
    About speed you don't need to worry much though.... I had 4 MP3s running at the same time (on only 1 core out of two (the 2nd worked a radio stream) and there still was plenty of room to breathe.