Raspberry Pi Pico

As i´m buying my electronics mostly from my local diy shop. I´m afraid it will take some time untill he gets some :D Talking about semaf.at respectively ;)
But thank you for your info :)

Maybe i overread something, but is the Teensy Audio Library compatible with the Pico Pi? Would like to build some basic stuff :) TIA

As I understand it, Teensy Audio makes significant use of the DSP/vector instructions of the Coretex M4 instruction set to do high-performance audio processing. RP2040's cores are just M0+ cores ... perfectly nice, friendly cores but they lack those DSP instructions.

I'd love to be wrong about this, cuz i'm being forced to adopt the RP2040 for my current project due to chip shortages.

As I understand it, Teensy Audio makes significant use of the DSP/vector instructions of the Coretex M4 instruction set to do high-performance audio processing. RP2040's cores are just M0+ cores ... perfectly nice, friendly cores but they lack those DSP instructions.

I'd love to be wrong about this, cuz i'm being forced to adopt the RP2040 for my current project due to chip shortages.

Another alternative is EPS32. It also has I2S and two cores (and you get bluetooth and wifi included). On the whole the performance is about the same as a M0, I think. The Teensy Audio lib can't be used directly, but many parts of the lib have code adapted to the Teensy LC, which also has no DSP.
About speed you don't need to worry much though.... I had 4 MP3s running at the same time (on only 1 core out of two (the 2nd worked a radio stream) and there still was plenty of room to breathe.

Back