Teensy4.1 intall does not work

soky157

Hi I, am not able to use Teensy 4.1 with Arduino because Teensy4.1 Install will not Install. I found this error lib/version.txt file missing.

I would appreciate help.

Sincerely,

soky157

Sorry not enough info to guess. What os?What version of arduino was installed. What version of teensyduino did you try to install?

It looks like the version.txt is missing in the arduino installation, you can create one yourself what version of arduino do you have installed?

Is this on Windows or other?

See this page for OS specific details in any case : pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

If Windows was it a ZIP or Installer from the Arduino site? Windows Store version does not work with TeensyDuino.

Either of these work:
Code:
DOWNLOAD OPTIONS
Windows     Win 7 and newer
Windows     ZIP file

This does not:
Code:
Windows app     Win 8.1 or 10

Usually this error happens on Linux when attempting to install into a distro-provided copy of Arduino.

Only the original Arduino IDE from Arduino.cc website is supported. The many modified copies from Linux distros are not supported.

A question do your teensyduino install contain all versions of the arduino pde.jar and arduino-core.jar for all supported versions of arduino ide?

A question do your teensyduino install contain all versions of the arduino pde.jar and arduino-core.jar for all supported versions of arduino ide?

The 'download' link in p#5 notes which versions of the IDE are supported. For supported versions the installer maintains the needed java files to complete a working install on those known versions.

Current TD 1.53 shows : Teensyduino 1.53 supports Arduino versions 1.8.5 and 1.8.9 and 1.8.11 and 1.8.12 and 1.8.13.

That changes over time when releases have known issues, or they age out beyond some 'milestone' release. Current note on that page shows: Future versions of Teensyduino will drop support for Arduino 1.8.11

I have now checked little how it checks for certain files:
It actually matches a The Arduino Version in arduino.txt with
known filesizes of the existing files, (it looks by the way that it allows the same version of teensyduino to be reinstalled)

Checking Arduino 1.8.13:
version: "lib/version.txt" version matches
file: "arduino.exe" present
file: "arduino_debug.exe" present
file: "lib/jssc-2.8.0-arduino4.jar" present
java: "lib/pde.jar" object: "processing/app/Base.class" checksum match
java: "lib/pde.jar" object: "processing/app/Editor.class" checksum match
java: "lib/pde.jar" object: "processing/app/SketchController.class" checksum match
java: "lib/arduino-core.jar" object: "processing/app/BaseNoGui.class" checksum match
java: "lib/arduino-core.jar" object: "cc/arduino/Compiler.class" checksum match
java: "lib/arduino-core.jar" object: "processing/app/debug/TargetPlatform.class" checksum match
Found Arduino 1.8.13

The conclusion is that you cannot install Teensyduino on an modified version of arduino ide.

Teensy 4.1

How is my Arduino Ide modified? I am using vs 18.3

I have now checked little how it checks for certain files:
It actually matches a The Arduino Version in arduino.txt with
known filesizes of the existing files, (it looks by the way that it allows the same version of teensyduino to be reinstalled)

Checking Arduino 1.8.13:
version: "lib/version.txt" version matches
file: "arduino.exe" present
file: "arduino_debug.exe" present
file: "lib/jssc-2.8.0-arduino4.jar" present
java: "lib/pde.jar" object: "processing/app/Base.class" checksum match
java: "lib/pde.jar" object: "processing/app/Editor.class" checksum match
java: "lib/pde.jar" object: "processing/app/SketchController.class" checksum match
java: "lib/arduino-core.jar" object: "processing/app/BaseNoGui.class" checksum match
java: "lib/arduino-core.jar" object: "cc/arduino/Compiler.class" checksum match
java: "lib/arduino-core.jar" object: "processing/app/debug/TargetPlatform.class" checksum match
Found Arduino 1.8.13

The conclusion is that you cannot install Teensyduino on an modified version of arduino ide.

There is no version 18.3 :)
Just do what Paul said. Download 1.8.13 from the Arduino website. No need to check any version files etc.
That makes all unnessary complicated. Don't try to find the problem. Download & new install is much easier and faster, and works out of the box.

Yes.
Un-install that.
Download the Windows 1.8.13 version (zip-file), install it (best is, to an new folder "c:\Arduino"), then Teensyduino.

Arduino's website has 3 downloads for Windows. Only 2 of them work with Teensyduino.

sc.png

Any chance you actually have this "Windows app" version?

I was able to get it to install only when the Arduino IDE was installed in its default location.

(I used to have it installed on a different drive than the default. Teensyduino did not accept the directory entries and would not activate the "Next" button.)

Apparently, the install scrutinizes your Arduino installation and requires a certain structure. I added a "Teensy" directory to put it in, and the installer would not install. I removed the directory and then it installed.

Back