Two usb client ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokki

Is there any Version of a teensy that allows to have two usb client connectors? I am trying to send midi from a host to a host.

Officially, no. The 2nd USB port is only supported in USB host mode.

Unofficially, I believe WMXZ published a library with the normal device mode code converted to use the 2nd USB port. As I recall, it was only USB serial so far. Sorry, don't have the link handy, but maybe you can find it with a search?

Nice! I am fine with a teensy 3.6... is there any chance you (or somebody else) would add usb midi on the second port? Would that be much work? I think this is over my head, but might give it a try if somebody can guide a little.

Nice! I am fine with a teensy 3.6... is there any chance you (or somebody else) would add usb midi on the second port? Would that be much work? I think this is over my head, but might give it a try if somebody can guide a little.

I'm afraid that I have no experience with midi, but I can tell you that the 2nd usb was modelled after T4 so T4 midi would be a good starting point.

But if you wanted to take on the challenge, I suggest to first get the 2nd usb (usb2) working with serial, then to compare the usb2.c and usb2_serial.c with T4 version, and finally copy usb_midi to usb2, understand it and try it out. If it turns out this type of hacking is not turning out to your comfort, maybe someone with midi experience can help.

Hmm, I just had another thought. What about inter-connecting two teensies via serial and send USB midi from one to the other via serial and back out the other teensies usb? The teensy serial midi communication could also be set at a higher baudrate, correct? (A forum search seems to indicate it should work)

ok, bought two teensy lc boards, set up a simple usb midi to serial midi sketch on one, and the opposite on the other, boosted MIDI (Serial) Baudrate to 1000000 and it works nice and fast! so cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back