Teensy 4.x and CS42448 PCB's for purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdID55

Hi everyone,

I bought some of the teensy 3.x PCB's that were made for use with the CS42448 from OSH Park here: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects...=1&records_date_sort=desc&records_per_page=20

I recently saw Paul made an updated PCB for the 4.x here: https://hackaday.io/project/2984-teensy-audio-library/log/187557-updated-cs42448-pcb-for-teensy-4x

However, I can't seem to find the teensy 4.x PCB on the OSH PARK website. Does anyone know if there is a way to purchase the teensy 4.x with CS42448 PCB? If not, is there a way to get ahold of the gerber files to send to a PCB printer?

Thank you in advance.

I should mention I've only built 1 of that board and so far only tested the 8 outputs. Inputs are so far untested. Been too busy with so many other things to get more time to play with fun hardware. :(

I should mention I've only built 1 of that board and so far only tested the 8 outputs. Inputs are so far untested. Been too busy with so many other things to get more time to play with fun hardware. :(

Not sure what version it is, but I have one of these Boards. Inputs & ouputs work all! Sound QUality is great.
As usual for this chip, it gets hot (is this a problem?)

At the moment I use the board as automatic mixer (192KHz) on my desk - switches automatically betwen TV, WLan-internet-Radio, PC, and current Teensy project.
Was 30 minutes to write the program, works since 3 Days 24/7..

Not the best task for such a fine board, but ...

Little problem was to identyfy on which side the in- and outputs are.. :) A little silk-screen print would be good (or is it there and I did not see it?)

Could anyone explain the 0 ohm jumper and the address jumpers on the updated 4.x CS42448 PCB? Without a schematic I'm not sure of their intended usage.

The zero ohm jumper connects the digital and analog grounds together. It's all 1 ground because the resistor is 0 ohms. But to the PCB software, it's 2 separate nets which is helpful for avoiding ground loops. This guarantees the analog and digital ground meet at one that 1 place on the PCB.

The address jumpers set the CS42448's I2C address. Normally you would just leave them off for the default address. But if you wanted to connect multiple CS42448 boards and control them all with the same I2C pins, you'd populate those jumpers to configure the other boards for unique addresses.

(I might be planning some stuff in the future were several CS42448 boards connect to one Teensy....)

Funny thing
I recent bought a cs42448 (+teensy4.1 and some other things) from mouser but did not know then about the extra two inputs provided by pcm1808, if I want the extra two inputs I guess I have to do another order but from farnell instead as mouser ships from USA. Also need some capacitors that I don't already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back