audio system design tool bug with DAC and PWM

wb7rdi

When I attempt to have both the PWM audio output device and the DAC audio output device in an audio design, the design tool throws an error "dac1 uses DAC1, too" and "pwm1 uses DAC1, too". Looking at the tool source, it appears that line 436 tries to allocate the DAC hardware to the pwm device. I think that is wrong.

Fortunately, this doesn't prevent generating apparently correct code, but it did stop me in my tracks for a couple of hours while I checked into the conflict warning.

The PJRC example file examples/HardwareTesting/PassThroughMono/PassThroughMono.ino shows this error.

Last edited:
I'm new to github

But that was very easy,
when you said "just edit the original"
I know directly how it should be done.

Can I do the same for the template based mixer somehow?

I tried to add a file
but that looks like I only can add one file at a time,
and that's gonna be messy with many patches/pull requests?

Thanks.
Best is to create a fork, then do your changes to the fork.
When you're ready you can do a pullrequest. This will include all changes with multiple files, then.

For Windows, there is "Github Desktop" which makes all this very easy.

Edit: A little more comfortable is to add a "Branch" to your fork, and then edit that. But for the first steps with Github, the simple fork will do.

Last edited:
yes I was thinking of doing a branch, of what I can understand it's the best way of doing it.

I belive the only way to restore back my fork is to delete the whole thing and start over.
That will off course also delete the new pull request, but there is nothing else to do
that is not extreme compicated and overkill.

Github in a nutchell (but its microsoft and they are not the smartest)

I did it
removed the whole fork
did a new fork

created a branch called templateMixer
added the changed files
and made a pull request

Back