Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Get the Newton force of a brushless motor

Get the Newton force of a brushless motor

Hi,

i want to ask if its possible to get the force in newton, when a brushless motor is spinning?

You probably mean the torque in newton-meter?

Here some information about dynamometers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamometer, commercial: https://www.eth-messtechnik.de/en/me...g_sensors.html

idk i mean can i calculate the force that generates the motor to move an object?

A motor doesn't generate a force but a torque (the rotational equivalent of force). If you have an object with a weight of say F=10N on a lever arm of say L=0.5m length the motor needs to generate a torque of M = F x L = 10N x 0.5m = 5 Nm to lift the weight. If you have the same weight on a lever arm of L=1m the motor needs M= F x L = 10N x 1m = 10 Nm to lift the weight.

Google for torque to get more information.

ok Dankeschön

For DC motors the torque is linked to the current. Measure the current and you can estimate the torque in real time.
    There are very simple equations for DC motors given below.

[ This connection between torque and current does _not_ apply to stepper motors, note. ]

DC motor:

torque = motor_constant x current - friction_torque [ units being newton-metres and amps ]
    voltage = motor_constant x no_load_speed [ units being volts and radians/second ]

The motor constant can be given in Nm/A or in Vs/rad, these are completely equivalent, believe it or not.
    Sometimes the reciprocal of the motor constant is given - units being rad/s/V, or A/(Nm). Sometimes
    rpm is used instead of rad/s.