Teensy 4.0 Flexcan Write Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake181

Hello,

I have 3 teensy 4.0s connected via can and i am using the Flexcan_t4 library, i also have an encoder connected to one of the teensy's and i am using the QuadEncoder library. The communication works fine until i start to move the encoder, after what seems a random amount of time the teensy connected to the encoder will stop writing messages to the canbus, i have printed out the error from the write function and i get 0 at this point.

I have tried changing the baud rate, the frequency i send messages, increasing the number of MB, disabling FIFO

Im new to CAN so im not 100% sure what im doing yet or why i am having this issue!

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Below is an image of the serial monitor, normally there is just 1 mailbox being used to transmit the messages, all mailboxes then become active and are transmitting, im not sure what is causing this?

Jake 2021-02-09.jpg

Last edited:
i cant see your code but that mailboxStatus says plenty.
Your transmit buffers are filling and not transmitting. Notice it consumes every TX mailbox and the mailbox frames are still the same? There is a transmit issue. Check your transceiver and termination resistance

if you still have issues, try the updated one on github and report back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back