Using SDFatEX and Audio library

NaokiS

Hey all.

I'm using a Teensy 3.5 (was what was the thing at the time I started the project) to drive an ILI9341 display in DMA mode using ILI9341_t3n. It's mainly a graphical menu system for displaying information.

For a while now I was using SDFatEx as a solution to display my BMP intro screen very quickly. Whilst it was a fairly hacky solution, it did work fast enough for the animation to be presentable. However I wanted to use the audio library for sound effects and am now finding that because the Audio library requires SD.h to work, if I use SDFatEx, it will conflict all over the place, but if I use SD.h I lose all the speed and my animation goes to around a frame per second or two.

I've spent a few hours looking into it and it seems that whilst the teensy SD library is using SdFat as a basis, it doesn't seem to have the same multiblock transfer speeds as SdFatEX, even in SDIO mode (at least I think its running in SDIO mode).

My question is whether there is a possibility that SD.h is just slower and can't be sped up by a novice like me and as such need to find a way to make SDFatEx or SdFat v2 work?

I will post the code I have for the setup, SD reading and animation shortly but not all the file because it is huge and most functions are not relevant to this issue.

My question is whether there is a possibility that SD.h is just slower and can't be sped up by a novice like me and as such need to find a way to make SDFatEx or SdFat v2 work?

I will post the code I have for the setup, SD reading and animation shortly but not all the file because it is huge and most functions are not relevant to this issue.
#SD.h in latest TD is using SdFat v2

Ok, so I downloaded the latest from Paul's git regarding teensy-core, SD and SDFat. Solves all the issues. Also noticing a huge increase in speed of the animations loading so bonus!

For the google'ers with VSCode / PlatformIO:
o Download the latest Teensyduino or the core files from Pauls git
o Replace the original core files
o err
o Profit

Hello, I have problem like this. Now audio library use sdfat, but I can't play file from sdfat card, because method play(); haven't SdFs argument. For example:

SdFs card1;
Mp3player.play(&card1, "test.mp3");

I get many warnings while compiling and the code not working.

How to chose source sd card for playing files if I have two or more sd cards on one teensy?

Thank you.

Back