Where can I buy a 24Pin female pin header for use with the teensy 4.1.

JaredReabow

I need 24pin female pinheaders, I cannot find a supply anywhere????
can someone point me to a supplier please.

Note for the stacking headers for the Teensy LC, 3.2, or 4.0 go with the Adafruit ItsyBitsy/Teensy headers and not the Sparkfun headers:

The Adafruit headers have 2 sets of 14 pin headers and 1 set of 5 pin header, while the Sparkfun headers have 2 sets of 13 pin headers and 1 set of 7 pin header. If you are putting the headers on the audio or octows2811 shields, the 14 pin headers are needed, because those two boards don't have the 5 pins in the back row.

I'm not sure those are the parts I found by stepping through the DigiKey search process, but I'm strongly biased toward them. It was DigiKey that made it possible for me to start a small board production facility early in this century.
I used a lot of SAMTEC connectors because they offered a Low-Insertion-Force version of the connectors I needed. Seating a plug-in board with 100+ pins was much easier with the LIF versions of the headers. I'm still pulling leftover SAMTEC connectors from my bins for this year's Teensy projects. My orders soon got to the point where I went directly to SAMTEC. They had online ordering with credit card payment before a lot of other companies. Even today, my kids and in-laws are used to seeing Christmas gifts arriving in the conveniently-sized SAMTEC boxes.

Back in the day, a guiding principle of my hardware designs was "If it's not on DigiKey, don't put it into the hardware design." It's sort of the small hardware shop version of "No one ever got fired for recommending IBM".
When I go looking in my parts bins for something for a current Teensy project, there's about a 95% probability that I'll find it with a DigiKey label. A more efficient large company would be upset with my inventory management, but in my niche market, late delivery was always more of a problem than having too many parts in the bins. (If you've got spares in the bin, you can discard parts that got soldered on backwards. The rework costs would exceed the parts cost--as long as you had parts in the bin!)

P.S. If you don't know about Chip-Quik, Google is your friend!

Back