Teensy 4.0 + 3.95” LCD Module (For MEGA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattahbla

As a beginner the road to achievement is treacherous. The “how to”s are so technical and difficult to grasp. I feel there should be some absolute beginner how to’s out there for the teensy products as this would bring in so many more makers if there was easy generic how to vids to follow along with.

I have bought the following screen
http://www.lcdwiki.com/3.95inch_Arduino_Display-Mega2560#Connect_to_Arduino
Stating it uses a ILI9488 driver. I have modded the screen to be optimised for 16bit. I’d also like the option to revert back to SPI if I add more modules to the system and need some of my pins back...

Now, the library situation is where I’m struggling. Google searches say the MCUFRIEND_kbv & adafruit_GFX libraries should help. The lcdwiki page have their own libraries. And then there’s people who just write their own...

I can’t find information on any of the libraries, or libraries in general as to which config I need to change to get these things to talk together. Where to allocate the pins, what to utilise to get it working. I probably found this information, but didn’t understand it... completely possible.

If anyone here is a YouTuber, please create a general library tech vid on how to modify any library to suit any project.

If someone can help, in plain english, or point me in the direction of a good piece of literature I could follow I’d be very appreciative.
Beginners should stick to the generic and it’ll just work... I get that. I chose teensy for its far superior performance, and because I’d like to learn how it all works. I just don’t have the knowledge yet to walk this path alone.

So if I have to summarise. Which library should I use? What do I need to change in the libraries and sketch?

Let the noob roasting begin... 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back