Micropython

ilium007

I thought I'd use an old Teensy 3.2 board to test Micropython, is it correct that there is no mounted USB drive on the host O/S and that each time I make a code change I need to recompile and re-load?

Started playing around with PlatformIO and that seems to work just fine with the automated upload after build

I thought I'd use an old Teensy 3.2 board to test Micropython, is it correct that there is no mounted USB drive on the host O/S and that each time I make a code change I need to recompile and re-load?

The last updated MicroPython firmware for Teensy 3.2, with many features, is the "teensy-rtc" branch dhlands MicroPthon fork :
https://github.com/dhylands/micropython/tree/teensy-rtc/teensy

You are right, there is no internal file system in MicroPython on Teensy 3.2. So you can test MicroPython using REPL, then any final code should be frozen in the firmware (so the need to compile MicroPython)

But MicroPython on Teensy 3.5/3.6 has a file system mounted if a microSD card is inserted, so you can have boot.p and main.py on microSD.

See more details here :
https://github.com/dhylands/micropython/tree/teensy-rtc/teensy#running-scripts

I think I have a Teensy 3.5/3.6 here, of course it would help if the Teensy boards had markings on them to state what model they are. But looking through the Micropython source for the Teesny port it doesn't look like there are libraries for I2C or SPI.

It’s odd that the product has no branding / model info on the board. I’m sure a there a good reason.

Looks like its a 3.6 from the MCU markings.

2078FA47-C1EC-460D-8C67-EAFFC52DED4D.jpeg

BB0F8590-D551-4681-A23F-77991CAB105D.jpeg

It’s odd that the product has no branding / model info on the board. I’m sure a there a good reason.

Looks like its a 3.6 from the MCU markings.

That is a T_3.6.

Reason: The T_3.5 and T_3.6 share the exact same PCB.

Differences are:

MCU Marked as MK66 on that T_3.6 picture and the T_3.5 would have an MK64.

Also on that the row of 5 inner pin holes for USBHost have all parts populated two towards the USB connector by those 5 pins would be open pads with no part inside the PCB marking silkscreen boxes. That board has the large CAP and 6 legged IC along those 5 USBHost pins. Also a smaller cap across the cap from that IC is vacant on a T_3.5.

I just don’t understand why there wasn’t a silkscreen “Teensy 3.6” somewhere!!

Two things...

1: The same PCB is used for both Teensy 3.5 and 3.6.

2: This was my first BGA and first 6 layer PCB design, which was done under time pressure for a Kickstarter campaign launch. A *lot* of work when into the tech details and stuff like branding got neglected.

Back