Many TLAs: MTP MSC FS SD SDFat LittleFS UsbMSCFat to work with each other 8)

Might help to see the whole code... I ran into a few places when moving code around where I did not have pointer but instead I had object or reference and needed to chang some -> to .

Again sounds good, may wait until morning to try format... Right now just pushed up additions to the PFsVolume that has methods to read and write the FSInfo Sector with count...
Not sure about backup sector yet.

Again sounds good, may wait until morning to try format... Right now just pushed up additions to the PFsVolume that has methods to read and write the FSInfo Sector with count...
Not sure about backup sector yet.

Morning @KurtE

Still a couple of gotcha's that I am working on and probably related bps or fatdir:
1. For both FAT16 and FAT32 format after format volume name is lost.
2. When formatting for FAT32 it winds up formatted as a FAT16.

Going to try and trace those issues through.

Morning @mjs513 - Sounds great.

Volume Name - As I mentioned yesterday I added the getVolumeLabel method, to replace the code in the sketches. It is still not 100% correct. Currently it assumes it is the first directory entry at the root. I do verify that entry has the right signature. But the volume label could be added later, so should continue to check other items in case added later. Will try that today.

Also may try to add method to setVolumeLabel. That is probably next up. Other than I created a stick with no label and now will add files and then try to set the label to confirm that windows can create labels not as the first item...
There is also probably some issues with BPS throughout the code...

Then play with some more integration stuff!

Morning @mjs513 - Sounds great.

Volume Name - As I mentioned yesterday I added the getVolumeLabel method, to replace the code in the sketches. It is still not 100% correct. Currently it assumes it is the first directory entry at the root. I do verify that entry has the right signature. But the volume label could be added later, so should continue to check other items in case added later. Will try that today.

Also may try to add method to setVolumeLabel. That is probably next up. Other than I created a stick with no label and now will add files and then try to set the label to confirm that windows can create labels not as the first item...
There is also probably some issues with BPS throughout the code...

Then play with some more integration stuff!

Fantastic.

Think if you get setVolumeLabel working may have my solution for getting the rest of it working. Right now looks the MBR is correct but I don't have bps pointed to right partition the rest is messed up - probably same for fat. Right now just reading about FAT file systems: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_of_the_FAT_file_system

Me too... I doubt the current version of Norton Utilities comes with anything like that anymore...

Quick update: Pushed up code that finds volume label if not first entry...

Next to check to see what it might take to create one that is...

Me too... I doubt the current version of Norton Utilities comes with anything like that anymore...

Quick update: Pushed up code that finds volume label if not first entry...

Next to check to see what it might take to create one that is...

Don't think it is anymore either from what I saw. Those kind of things seem to have disappeared.

Anyway you do know that the VolumeLabel is also part of the pbs data structure:
Code:
pbs->bpb.bpb32.volumeLabel

right now I am using, as of this morning:
Code:
  for (size_t i = 0; i < sizeof(pbs->bpb.bpb32.volumeLabel); i++) {
    pbs->bpb.bpb32.volumeLabel[i] = volName[i];
  }
  Serial.printf("Volume name pbs:(%s)\n", pbs->bpb.bpb32.volumeLabel);

but like I said don't think I got it pointing to right locations on the disk.

In Most cases I have found that the volume label that is part of the original structure (usually is set to NO NAME) and I don't typically ever see it being read in...

Note: I just pushed up functions that I am about to test for setting Volume label. Also updated some of the Information sector free space functions.

Which I need to go test again. (I have not tried the set yet)...

I am going to try an update to the VolumeName sketch to try to set one...

Then will be be hacking up more of the MTP a startup code to try some of this. Free space stuff.

Like detect if Fat32, if so use the Info Sector at startup. Then after the system has settled some, where maybe no MTP messages for some timeout, maybe
go and call the real Free clusters function, and compare, if different than send Update to MTP host. Then later when files change like created or the like, when operations complete have MTP call out to update the Information Sector...

@KurtE

Ok think I got what is going on with the formatter as implemented in SDFat and think we are going to have to understand.

If the FAT partition is smaller than 65525 clusters as calculated from
Code:
 nc = (m_sectorCount - m_dataStart)/m_sectorsPerCluster;
it won't let you format as a FAT32. You limited to FAT16.

For the thumb drive I was testing with it only showed as less than 1GB (982MB total space) and I had formatter with 2 partitions - 1 FAT16 and 1 FAT32 and it was messing up the FAT32. When I put in a 32GB SDCard with 3 partitions 1 FAT16 ~2GB, and 2 large FAT32 partitions it worked fine.

Only thing to resolve is the getting the volume name updated.

Going to push up the minor changes putting the limits back in.

When SD media was Windows formatted and then Teensy dumped MBR it had 'No Name' showing even though Windows formatted it with a name that showed on Windows. It seems that field is ignored now by Windows?

n0rt0n is a dirty word by the way. Did a quick search and even web efforts to replace diskedit seem stalled so didn't find a usable alternative.

Got back to read posts - but otherwise distracted ... seems busy here. Quite the dilemma with 'making it work' means losing ongoing/test support from sdfat world and then not knowing if it will be integrated/taken on as a burden inside TD.

When SD media was Windows formatted and then Teensy dumped MBR it had 'No Name' showing even though Windows formatted it with a name that showed on Windows. It seems that field is ignored now by Windows?

n0rt0n is a dirty word by the way. Did a quick search and even web efforts to replace diskedit seem stalled so didn't find a usable alternative.

Got back to read posts - but otherwise distracted ... seems busy here. Quite the dilemma with 'making it work' means losing ongoing/test support from sdfat world and then not knowing if it will be integrated/taken on as a burden inside TD.

Once you format the drive the with SDformatter it seems to delete the partition name. Tried to get around it but no luck. KurtE is working on a setVolumeName function but I seem to be having problems with it. Still going to play more with the volume name though.

Yep - I did a search for Norton Disk Edit but no luck either

Once you format the drive the with SDformatter it seems to delete the partition name. Tried to get around it but no luck. KurtE is working on a setVolumeName function but I seem to be having problems with it. Still going to play more with the volume name though.

There are old pages out there noting it you have n0rt0n disks it might still work - but that was probably Win XP timeframe.

Note about the MBR copy of 'no name' was to perhaps ignore that because Windows does if that was a point of concern.

I have been hacking away, but so far not finding an easy way to write the volume label. That is to get write access to the root directory...

May have to get a little more hard core... The current hacked up version I am playing with:
Code:
bool PFsVolume::setVolumeLabel(char *volume_label) 
{
  char buf[32];

if (!volume_label ) return false; // don't want to deal with it yet
  if (*volume_label == 0) return false; // dito probably in both cases maybe delete label?
  PFsFile root;
  PFsFile rootRW;

uint8_t fat_type = fatType();

if (!root.openRoot(this)) return false;

if (!rootRW.open(&root, (const char *)"/",  O_RDWR)) {
    Serial.println("Failed to open rootRW");
    return false;
  }

bool label_found = false;

while (rootRW.read(buf, 32) == 32) { 
    //dump_hexbytes(buf, 32);

if ((fat_type == FAT_TYPE_FAT16) || (fat_type == FAT_TYPE_FAT32)) {
      //N  N  N  N  N  N  N  N  N  N  N  A  CF CT CT CT CD CD AD AD FC FC MT MT MD MD FC FC SZ SZ SZ SZ
      //56 4F 4C 46 41 54 33 32 20 20 20 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 5B 84 58 52 00 00 00 00 00 00 :VOLFAT32   ...........[.XR......
      //56 4F 4C 46 41 54 31 36 20 20 20 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 51 84 58 52 00 00 00 00 00 00 :VOLFAT16   ...........Q.XR......
      DirFat_t *dir;
      dir = reinterpret_cast<DirFat_t*>(buf);
      if (dir->attributes != 0x08) continue; // not a volume label...
      label_found = true;
      break;
     } else if (fat_type == FAT_TYPE_EXFAT) {
      //Ty len < Unicode name                                                  > R  R  R  R  R  R  R  R
      //83 08 56 00 6F 00 6C 00 45 00 58 00 46 00 41 00 54 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 :..V.o.l.E.X.F.A.T...............
      DirLabel_t *dir;
      dir = reinterpret_cast<DirLabel_t*>(buf);
      if (dir->type != EXFAT_TYPE_LABEL) continue; // not a label?
      label_found = true;
      break;
    } else  return false;

}

memset(buf, 0, 32);  // clear out everythign.
  if (fat_type == FAT_TYPE_EXFAT) {
    DirLabel_t *dir;
    dir = reinterpret_cast<DirLabel_t*>(buf);

uint8_t cb = strlen(volume_label);
    if (cb > 11) cb = 11; // truncate off. 
    dir->type = EXFAT_TYPE_LABEL; 
    dir->labelLength = cb;
    uint8_t *puni = dir->unicode;
    while (cb--) {
      *puni = *volume_label++;
      puni += 2;
    }
  } else {
    // Fat16/32
    // Lets get the date and time to set the volume labels modify values
    DirFat_t *dir;

if (FsDateTime::callback) {
      uint16_t cur_date;
      uint16_t cur_time;
      uint8_t cur_ms10;
      FsDateTime::callback(&cur_date, &cur_time, &cur_ms10);
      setLe16(dir->modifyTime, cur_time);
      setLe16(dir->modifyDate, cur_date);
    }
    for (size_t i = 0; i < 11; i++) {
      dir->name[i] = *volume_label? *volume_label++ : ' '; // fill in the 11 spots trailing blanks 
    }
  }

// Now lets try to write it out...
  if (label_found) rootRW.seekCur(-32);
  bool write_ok = (rootRW.write(buf, 32) == 32);
  rootRW.close();
  root.close();
  return write_ok; // no volume label was found

}
The writes will fail. I could upload the updated VolumeName sketch if anyone is interested, but may look into actually updating sector the Volume ID is in. Not my first choice, but when trying not to change anything inside
of the SDFat code...

The SDFormater (on my PC has a field for Volume Label that allows you to set one when you format on the PC.

You can also make one without Volume ID (or with) and then do a properties on the drive and the volume label is displayed there and you can set it there as well...

The SDFormater (on my PC has a field for Volume Label that allows you to set one when you format on the PC.

You can also make one without Volume ID (or with) and then do a properties on the drive and the volume label is displayed there and you can set it there as well...

I don't see that in the SDFormater.ino sketch. In the SDFormatter in examplesV1 they have:
Code:
char noName[] = "NO NAME    ";
  memcpy(pb->volumeLabel, noName, sizeof(pb->volumeLabel));
which is pretty much the same in the SDFatv2. What I tried was in the format call:
Code:
  if (partVol.getVolumeLabel(volName, sizeof(volName))) {
	Serial.printf("Volume name:(%s)", volName);
  }
and the say in make32:
Code:
  }
but no luck - still shows blank. So either it doesn't work or I have it pointing wrong - may want to check me.

Yep - none of the SDFat released code does anything with Volume Names. I am reworking it to be closer to our earlier experiment with the 3 different versions of Volume code.
It will probably be tomorrow or ... before done.

However as part of format, it should be pretty simple to add: For example from our earlier sketch:
Code:
bool getFat16VolumeLabel(uint8_t  drvType, uint8_t part, UsbFs *myMsc) {
  FatVolume partVol;

uint8_t buf[512];

if (drvType == MS_DRIVE) {
    partVol.begin(myMsc->usbDrive(), true, part);
    partVol.chvol();
    myMsc->usbDrive()->readSector(partVol.rootDirStart(), buf);
  }

if (drvType == SD_DRIVE) {
    sd.card()->readSector(sd.dataStartSector(), buf);
    print_hexbytes(buf, 512);
  }
  Serial.print(F("Volume Name: "));
    Serial.write(buf[i]);
  }
  Serial.println();
  partVol.ls(LS_SIZE | LS_DATE | LS_R);

return true;
}
So from this one it gives you which sector needs to be written, as for first root directory entry...
Then from the code I am trying to get to write out, we have:
Code:
    DirFat_t *dir;

if (FsDateTime::callback) {
      uint16_t cur_date;
      uint16_t cur_time;
      uint8_t cur_ms10;
      FsDateTime::callback(&cur_date, &cur_time, &cur_ms10);
      setLe16(dir->modifyTime, cur_time);
      setLe16(dir->modifyDate, cur_date);
    }
      dir->name[i] = *volume_label? *volume_label++ : ' '; // fill in the 11 spots trailing blanks 
    }
  }
So need to setup that sector with this data, and write it out....

You then also need to update the
Code:
const uint8_t EXTENDED_BOOT_SIGNATURE = 0X29;
typedef struct biosParameterBlockFat16 {
  uint8_t  bytesPerSector[2];
  uint8_t  sectorsPerCluster;
  uint8_t  reservedSectorCount[2];
  uint8_t  fatCount;
[COLOR="#FF0000"]  uint8_t  rootDirEntryCount[2];[/COLOR]
  uint8_t  totalSectors16[2];
  uint8_t  mediaType;
  uint8_t  sectorsPerFat16[2];
  uint8_t  sectorsPerTrtack[2];
  uint8_t  headCount[2];
  uint8_t  hidddenSectors[4];
  uint8_t  totalSectors32[4];

uint8_t  physicalDriveNumber;
  uint8_t  extReserved;
  uint8_t  extSignature;
  uint8_t  volumeSerialNumber[4];
  uint8_t  volumeLabel[11];
  uint8_t  volumeType[8];
} BpbFat16_t;
Where you need to set it to 1 to say there is something in root directory...

And then I am hoping it will work...

I don't see that in the SDFormater.ino sketch. In the SDFormatter in examplesV1 they have:
Code:
char noName[] = "NO NAME    ";
  memcpy(pb->volumeLabel, noName, sizeof(pb->volumeLabel));
which is pretty much the same in the SDFatv2. What I tried was in the format call:
Code:
  if (partVol.getVolumeLabel(volName, sizeof(volName))) {
	Serial.printf("Volume name:(%s)", volName);
  }
and the say in make32:
Code:
  }
but no luck - still shows blank. So either it doesn't work or I have it pointing wrong - may want to check me.

This in 'ExFatFomatter.cpp':
Code:
  // Initialize first sector of root.
  writeMsg(pr, "Writing root\r\n");
  ns = sectorsPerCluster;
  sector = partitionOffset + clusterHeapOffset + 2*sectorsPerCluster;
  [COLOR="#FF0000"]memset(secBuf, 0, BYTES_PER_SECTOR);[/COLOR]

// Unused Label entry.
  label = reinterpret_cast<DirLabel_t*>(secBuf);
  label->type = EXFAT_TYPE_LABEL & 0X7F;

And this:
Code:
  for (size_t i = 0; i < sizeof(pbs->bpb.bpb16.volumeLabel); i++) {
    pbs->bpb.bpb16.volumeLabel[i] = ' ';
  }
in 'FatFormatter.cpp' will require a workaround so that SdFat is not modified.
Doing a read, modify, write of the the right field in a data sector holding the volume name for a particular partition.
I hope to be able to get caught up with you guys soon.

Edit: Opps, Cross Post...

Last edited:
Morning all
Something strange going on all of a sudden. Yesterday I was testing volume name changes and all of a sudden when the function initFAT dir is called for anything other than the first partition it takes forever to format (FAT32) it wasn't doing this in prior testing and now can't figure out whats going on. All its doing a writeSector in a loop and shouldn't take that long. Everything else looks ok.

@mjs513 - maybe something else got screwed up... I am getting closer on the getting/setting volume label.

Here is a more hard core version to get the volume label... Found some of my assumptions wrong. Like the root directory size did not work on Fat32...
Nor would you update the size...

I am about to now put this code into the set code to see if I can actually update....
There may be several sub-cases.

like:

Original root directory empty with no label.
No volume label but stuff in root.
Root directory has volume...

In the case of Root has files but no volume, should it always put at end if during the scan it finds a deleted file should it reuse that one...

Code:
bool PFsVolume::getVolumeLabel(char *volume_label, size_t cb) 
{
  uint8_t buf[512];
  if (!volume_label || (cb < 12)) return false; // don't want to deal with it
  *volume_label = 0; // make sure if we fail later we return empty string as well.
  uint8_t fat_type = fatType();
  uint32_t root_dir;

// Lets go hard core here.
  if (m_fVol)
  {
    FatFile rootFat;
    if (!rootFat.openRoot(m_fVol)) return false;
    uint32_t root_dir_size = rootFat.dirSize(); // how big is this directory...
    rootFat.close();

if (fat_type == FAT_TYPE_FAT32) {
      root_dir = m_fVol->dataStartSector();
    } else {
      root_dir = m_fVol->rootDirStart();
    }
    Serial.printf("\n$$$ PFsVolume::getVolumeLabel(%u): %u %u\n", fat_type, root_dir, root_dir_size);
    uint16_t index_in_sector=0;
    m_blockDev->readSector(root_dir, buf);
    while (root_dir_size) {
      DirFat_t *dir;
      dir = reinterpret_cast<DirFat_t*>(&buf[index_in_sector]);
      if (dir->name[0] == FAT_NAME_FREE) break;  // at end of list...
      if (dir->attributes == 0x08) {
        size_t i;
        for (i = 0; i < 11; i++) {
          volume_label[i]  = dir->name[i];
          }
        while ((i > 0) && (volume_label[i - 1] == ' ')) i--; // trim off trailing blanks
        volume_label[i] = 0;
        return true;
      }
      index_in_sector += 32;  // increment to next entry...
      root_dir_size-=32;
      if (index_in_sector >= 512 && root_dir_size) {
        root_dir++;
        index_in_sector = 0;
      }
    }
  } else if (m_xVol) {

//ExFatFile rootEx;
    //if (!rootEx.openRoot(m_xVol)) return false;
    //ExFat have not converted yet
    //uint32_t root_dir_size = rootEx.fileSize(); // how big is this directory...

uint32_t chs = m_xVol->clusterHeapStartSector();
    uint32_t rdc = m_xVol->rootDirectoryCluster();
    uint32_t root_dir_size = m_xVol->rootLength();
    uint32_t spc = m_xVol->sectorsPerCluster();
    Serial.printf("\n$$$ PFsVolume::getVolumeLabel(Ex): %u %x %x %u\n", root_dir_size, chs, rdc, spc);
    uint32_t root_dir = chs + (rdc-2)*spc;
    Serial.printf("  $$$ Guess sector: %x\n", root_dir);

uint16_t index_in_sector=0;
    while (root_dir_size) {
      DirLabel_t *dir;
      dir = reinterpret_cast<DirLabel_t*>(&buf[index_in_sector]);
      //if (dir->name[0] == 0) break;  // at end of list...
      if (dir->type == EXFAT_TYPE_LABEL) {
        size_t i;
        for (i = 0; i < dir->labelLength; i++) {
          volume_label[i] = dir->unicode[2 * i];
        }
        volume_label[i] = 0;
        return true;
      }
      index_in_sector += 32;  // increment to next entry...
      root_dir_size-=32;
      if (index_in_sector >= 512 && root_dir_size) {
        root_dir++;
        index_in_sector = 0;
      }
    }
  }
  return false; // no volume label was found

}

@mjs513 Any luck?

FYI - I just pushed up some changes in the https://github.com/KurtE/UsbMscFat/tree/VolumeName_SD
project that has at least some Setting volume names working. At least for Fat16 and Fat32...

Test run that shows it: Edited down.
Code:
Waiting up to 5 seconds for USB drive 1
^^Initialize USB drive...UsbBase::mscBegin called 20002280 1 1
^^^    After usbDriveBegin
USB drive 1 is present.

msc # Partition Table
	part,boot,bgnCHS[3],type,endCHS[3],start,length
FAT32:	1,0,0x4,0x1,0x4,0xB,0xFE,0xC2,0xFF,2048,8192000
FAT16:	2,0,0xE,0x51,0xFE,0xE,0x98,0x98,0x80,8194048,2097152
exFAT:	3,0,0x98,0x99,0x80,0x7,0xEE,0xDC,0xD2,10291200,5435392
pt_#0:	4,0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0,0
Partition 0 valid:1
Partition 1 valid:1
Partition 2 valid:1
Partition 3 valid:0
0:>> Fat32: 
$$$ PFsVolume::getVolumeLabel(32): 18080 4096
Volume name:(NEWLABEL) Partition Total Size:4186095616 Used:65425408 time us: 499748
    Free Clusters: API: 1006023 by CB:1006023 time us: 499741
    Free Clusters: Info: 1006023 time us: 2742
1:>> Fat16: 
$$$ PFsVolume::getVolumeLabel(16): 8194568 16384
Volume name:([COLOR="#FF0000"]VOLFAT16[/COLOR]) Partition Total Size:1073446912 Used:11714560 time us: 16748
    Free Clusters: API: 64803 by CB:64803 time us: 16742
    Free Clusters: Info: 4294967295 time us: 0
2:>> ExFat: 
Initialize SD card...initialization failed.

done...
Press any key to run again
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Or enter new Volume label: <dev:12s> <Par> Name

Try to set device:20001db4 part:2 to:NEWVOLF16
[/COLOR]
Previous Volume name:(VOLFAT16)
56 4F 4C 46 41 54 31 36 20 20 20 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 51 84 58 52 00 00 00 00 00 00 :VOLFAT16   ...........Q.XR......
42 20 00 49 00 6E 00 66 00 6F 00 0F 00 72 72 00 6D 00 61 00 74 00 69 00 6F 00 00 00 6E 00 00 00 :B .I.n.f.o...rr.m.a.t.i.o...n...
01 53 00 79 00 73 00 74 00 65 00 0F 00 72 6D 00 20 00 56 00 6F 00 6C 00 75 00 00 00 6D 00 65 00 :.S.y.s.t.e...rm. .V.o.l.u...m.e.
53 59 53 54 45 4D 7E 31 20 20 20 16 00 60 AE 6D 56 52 56 52 00 00 AF 6D 56 52 02 00 00 00 00 00 :SYSTEM~1   ..`.mVRVR...mVR......
42 70 00 67 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF 0F 00 E1 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF :Bp.g............................
01 54 00 34 00 2D 00 43 00 61 00 0F 00 E1 72 00 64 00 6C 00 69 00 6B 00 65 00 00 00 2E 00 6A 00 :.T.4.-.C.a....r.d.l.i.k.e.....j.
54 34 2D 43 41 52 7E 31 4A 50 47 20 00 A1 EC 6D 56 52 56 52 00 00 10 8F 2D 52 04 00 1E 32 05 00 :T4-CAR~1JPG ...mVRVR....-R...2..
E5 6D 00 65 00 6E 00 74 00 2E 00 0F 00 9F 74 00 78 00 74 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF :.m.e.n.t......t.x.t.............
E5 4E 00 65 00 77 00 20 00 54 00 0F 00 9F 65 00 78 00 74 00 20 00 44 00 6F 00 00 00 63 00 75 00 :.N.e.w. .T....e.x.t. .D.o...c.u.
E5 45 57 54 45 58 7E 31 54 58 54 20 00 67 45 84 58 52 58 52 00 00 46 84 58 52 00 00 00 00 00 00 :.EWTEX~1TXT .gE.XRXR..F.XR......
41 4F 00 6E 00 46 00 61 00 74 00 0F 00 F5 31 00 36 00 2E 00 74 00 78 00 74 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF :AO.n.F.a.t....1.6...t.x.t.......
4F 4E 46 41 54 31 36 20 54 58 54 20 00 67 45 84 58 52 58 52 00 00 46 84 58 52 00 00 00 00 00 00 :ONFAT16 TXT .gE.XRXR..F.XR......
44 53 43 30 33 33 35 37 4A 50 47 20 00 31 2F 57 5A 52 5A 52 00 00 69 39 76 3C 1A 00 79 05 33 00 :DSC03357JPG .1/WZRZR..i9v<..y.3.
42 67 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 0F 00 86 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF :Bg..............................
01 49 00 6E 00 73 00 69 00 64 00 0F 00 86 65 00 2D 00 50 00 73 00 32 00 2E 00 00 00 6A 00 70 00 :.I.n.s.i.d....e.-.P.s.2.....j.p.
49 4E 53 49 44 45 7E 31 4A 50 47 20 00 49 2F 57 5A 52 5A 52 00 00 F1 3E CB 3C E7 00 DD 49 00 00 :INSIDE~1JPG .I/WZRZR...>.<...I..
Set new name *** succeeded ***
Initialize USB drive...UsbBase::mscBegin called 20002280 1 1
    After usbDriveBegin

USB drive 1 is present.

msc # Partition Table
	part,boot,bgnCHS[3],type,endCHS[3],start,length
FAT32:	1,0,0x4,0x1,0x4,0xB,0xFE,0xC2,0xFF,2048,8192000
FAT16:	2,0,0xE,0x51,0xFE,0xE,0x98,0x98,0x80,8194048,2097152
exFAT:	3,0,0x98,0x99,0x80,0x7,0xEE,0xDC,0xD2,10291200,5435392
pt_#0:	4,0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0,0
Partition 0 valid:1
Partition 1 valid:1
Partition 2 valid:1
Partition 3 valid:0
0:>> Fat32: 
$$$ PFsVolume::getVolumeLabel(32): 18080 4096
Volume name:(NEWLABEL) Partition Total Size:4186095616 Used:65425408 time us: 499748
    Free Clusters: API: 1006023 by CB:1006023 time us: 499741
    Free Clusters: Info: 1006023 time us: 2742
1:>> Fat16: 
Volume name:([COLOR="#FF0000"]NEWVOLF16[/COLOR]) Partition Total Size:1073446912 Used:11714560 time us: 16748
    Free Clusters: API: 64803 by CB:64803 time us: 16742
2:>> ExFat: 
$$$ PFsVolume::getVolumeLabel(Ex): 32768 9d0b80 4 64
  $$$ Guess sector: 9d0c00
Volume name:(VolEXFAT) Partition Total Size:2782461952 Used:232030208 time us: 17002
    Free Clusters: API: 77833 by CB:0 time us: 0

Edit: The user input code to start a set volume name is real lame: What I typed in was something like
1 2 NEWLBL

where the first 1 says USB2, < the other options 2 for USB2 and s SD
The 2 is for partition 2 (1-4)
followed by new name.

Back