MidiSynth Wavetable Examples Don't Compile for 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbjb

Hello! I've got my teensy 4.1 all set up with the audio shield and I'm trying to test out the wavetable midi synth examples, but they will not compile. Seems strange since there is more memory on the 4.1 than the 3.6... here's the error I'm getting on MidiSynthLarge (same error occurs on MidiSynth)

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /var/folders/1l/xz0cqn_d5xg_qp87slz5gqfw0000gp/T/arduino_build_426936/MidiSynthLarge.ino.elf section `.data' will not fit in region `DTCM'
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: address 0x200cd3e0 of /var/folders/1l/xz0cqn_d5xg_qp87slz5gqfw0000gp/T/arduino_build_426936/MidiSynthLarge.ino.elf section `.bss' is not within region `DTCM'
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: address 0x200cd3e0 of /var/folders/1l/xz0cqn_d5xg_qp87slz5gqfw0000gp/T/arduino_build_426936/MidiSynthLarge.ino.elf section `.bss' is not within region `DTCM'
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: region `DTCM' overflowed by 316384 bytes
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Any insights appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the intel! Have you used this decoder with python before? I'm on a mac and trying to set up a soundfont using this and keep getting an error, " decode_selected() missing 1 required positional argument: 'user_dir'" ; not sure how to properly specify the output so perhaps that is the problem?

additionally, have you seen any ports of the midisynth examples included in the audio library, wavetable examples that have been fully ported to the 4.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back